Whatś this message i linux Ubuntu Mate 64bits

If you find an issue in LiveCode but are having difficulty pinning down a reliable recipe or want to sanity-check your findings with others, this is the place.

Please have one thread per issue, and try to summarize the issue concisely in the thread title so others can find related issues here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Whatś this message i linux Ubuntu Mate 64bits

Post by mwieder » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:10 am

Oooo... I take back the part about it not crashing LC.
That's pretty dramatic.
Luckily I didn't have anything else open at the time.

bogs

Post by bogs » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:55 am

Just curious Mark, which distro are you running ?

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:10 pm

linux Mint 17.3 LTS / cinnamon. And yeah, I know, it's "unsupported". LC's CEF browser doesn't work with all distros, and that goes for the browser widget as well as the engine's builtin browser commands.

I think what I was remembering as "it doesn't crash anymore" is the fact that the dictionary now spawns a real web browser instance instead of trying to handle it internally, so it bypasses the problem. But since I switched to TinyDictionary a long time ago that one doesn't bother me anyway.

bogs

Post by bogs » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:50 pm

My hats off to you, I couldn't get any Lc past 8.0.1 to run with anything approaching reliability on my LMDE2 rig.

If you do feel like seeing the browser work on linux, I'd say download a distro of your choice from the last year or so, install it on a vm, and give it a shot. I know, for instance, that it will work on MX linux 18 (what I was on when I posted the link to the lesson), it would probably run on antiX 17, should most likely run on the latest Debian distro, etc.

Return to “Bug Triage”