Line numbers not scrolling in script editor

If you find an issue in LiveCode but are having difficulty pinning down a reliable recipe or want to sanity-check your findings with others, this is the place.

Please have one thread per issue, and try to summarize the issue concisely in the thread title so others can find related issues here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

pderocco

Line numbers not scrolling in script editor

Post by pderocco » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:57 am

This is 9.0.1 on Windows 7 x64. Sometimes I get into a state where scrolling the code pane in the script editor doesn't scroll the line numbers to its left. Clicking a number sets a breakpoint on that numbered line, not the line of code to its right.

I haven't figured out how to make this happen, but it's happened to me a bunch of times. Has anyone else seen this?
Ciao,
Paul

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Line numbers not scrolling in script editor

Post by richmond62 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:13 am

A picture of what you mean would be very helpful.

pderocco

Post by pderocco » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:09 am

I don't see how. You would have no way of knowing that the line numbers were wrong.

It's simple. The script editor gets into a state where I can scroll the script with the mouse wheel or the scrollbar, but the numbers to the left just sit there. When it is in this state, it affects every script that is open in the editor, and affects newly opened scripts. The only way to fix it is to close the script editor and reopen it again, which means reloading the various scripts I'm working one. So somewhere in the scrolling code, I suspect an exception is getting thrown before it has a chance to make the numbers align with the script, and the exception is being swallowed.

What would be useful is knowing how to provoke this bug. If I discover that, I'll post it here.
Ciao,
Paul

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:12 am

I have seen this recently. Have you filled a report? I can add some notes to it wheni I pin down the recipe.
Richard Gaskin
Community volunteer LiveCode Community Liaison

LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems: http://FourthWorld.com
LiveCode User Group on Facebook : http://FaceBook.com/groups/LiveCodeUsers/

Return to “Bug Triage”