Windows MP4 playback -- Help

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

mattiedenton

Windows MP4 playback -- Help

Post by mattiedenton » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi

I'm returning to Rev (maybe) after a long sabbatical.

We want to playback video on Mac and PC, RELIABLY on both without QuickTime on the PC. I have been sifting through the forums/manuals with some conflicting information and no clear answer.

My question is simple: can I playback MP4s on Mac and PCs RELIABLY and natively without QuickTime software installs?

I really don't want to use Flash, however I need reliable, simple, multi-platform native playback with controls (and the usual Rev messages/calls). Can it be done in 3.0x?

Many thanks in advance,

M@
Matt

hliljegren

Post by hliljegren » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:59 pm

I can't see any problems with this as long as your mp4 play back properly in QuickTime on the Mac and Media Player on Windows.

The user guide says:
To force Revolution to use the Windows Media subsystem instead of QuickTime on Windows systems, even when QuickTime is installed, set the dontUseQT global property to true.

mattiedenton

Post by mattiedenton » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:15 am

Thanks hliljegren, I'll run some more tests. My initial tests didn't work. I did set dontUseQT, however thanks very much for the tip.

Return to “Multimedia”