Buttons on top of player object

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

hutchfx

Buttons on top of player object

Post by hutchfx » Wed May 04, 2022 1:24 pm

I'm working on a kiosk project. I need to have buttons on top of a player object. This works ok while the player is not playing, but when the player is playing, clicking a button doesn't run the button's script until the video is done.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

LC 9.6.7
Mac OS 10.13.6 (an old machine)
Eventually to deploy on Windows 10

TIA

Hutch

stam

Re: Buttons on top of player object

Post by stam » Wed May 04, 2022 1:54 pm

Other more knowledgeable people will chime in, but i'm moderately certain you can't overlay objects on top of an active player?

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by dunbarx » Wed May 04, 2022 3:50 pm

Stam likely knows more about players than I do, since I have never used one.

Why not just overlay a palette, or even another stack? The blend level of such a gadget can be adjusted so one can see through it a bit. If so, I bet that "layer" will trump the issue Stam raised.

It may not be pretty, but I am not pretty either, and only am interested if such things work or not/

Craig

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Wed May 04, 2022 7:31 pm

stam wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:54 pm
Other more knowledgeable people will chime in, but i'm moderately certain you can't overlay objects on top of an active player?
sadly he'll never chime in again, but IIRC Hermann did some interesting things with video playing in frames and under overlays. There may be something remaining in one of his threads. If not, I might possibly find something I downloaded. Unfortunately a lot was removed and is lost for good.

RIP Hermann, I miss you.

stam

Post by stam » Wed May 04, 2022 8:11 pm

SparkOut wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 7:31 pm
stam wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:54 pm
sadly he'll never chime in again, but IIRC Hermann did some interesting things with video playing in frames and under overlays. There may be something remaining in one of his threads. If not, I might possibly find something I downloaded. Unfortunately a lot was removed and is lost for good.

RIP Hermann, I miss you.
I never had the pleasure but i've seen many of his posts and a year or two ago i stumbled on his website and was very impressed with what he achieved. Looks like most of his stuff has gone offline now, could only find this: https://hh.on-rev.com/widgets/

RIP Hermann...

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Wed May 04, 2022 9:06 pm

Not the same thing at all as a player object with overlay, but here's one of his amazing offerings in LC HTML5 https://hh.on-rev.com/html5/video-funHT ... .2hhX.html

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Wed May 04, 2022 9:18 pm

This isn't a player object but Hermann demonstrates playing a video with overlays using a browser widget in LC.

https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.p ... 73#p152773

Return to “Multimedia”