mergeav with live code 9.6.1

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

johnmiller1950

mergeav with live code 9.6.1

Post by johnmiller1950 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:36 am

Greetings All,

I am writing a program using a Powerbook Pro (2019) with Mac OS 10.15.6. My program needs to access the camera to record a video. I have used the mergeav script sample mentioned in the other forums to turn the camera on and record a movie to a file. It all works great. Some of the forums from 2016 mention that the preview stopped working with Livecode 8.1.1. Has any further work been done on this? It is essential that my users be able to see a preview of what is being recorded.

Thanks for any and all comments.

John Miller

johnmiller1950

Re: mergeav with live code 9.6.1

Post by johnmiller1950 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:00 pm

Greetings All,

Since there was no response from anyone to my last post, I moved on from mergav.

Does anyone know if mergAV is supposed to work in Livecode 9.6, or has work on it been discontinued?

Using "cameraControl" scripts, I have successfully . . .
. . . created a controller that shows a preview of the camera on my MacBook pro
. . . recorded a video
. . . create a player
. . . play back the video I created

Under the old qt scripts, I was able to edit, copy, paste, and combine movies. Is this possible using Livecode 9.6?

Thanks!

strongbow
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: mergeav with live code 9.6.1

Post by strongbow » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:36 am

G'day there, this should all still be possible AFAIK.

The Merg set of externals was apparently updated for the last release of LC, so if you've got problems with MergAV not specifically working, then please log a bug report on quality.livecode.com. Otherwise issues won't get addressed. If you can supply a working stack showing the specific issue(s) then that speeds everything up!

HTH

cheers!

Return to “Multimedia”