Full screen videos on windows 10?

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

djpenton

Full screen videos on windows 10?

Post by djpenton » Tue May 28, 2019 10:02 pm

I just started using LC yesterday. (LC 9.5 community, Windows 10.)

I am trying to set up a standalone app to view a collection of video clips. This is a dead rush for a family member's training business.

So I can successfully set up a player object and get it to play a clip.

But I cannot find a way to go into full screen mode, as would be possible on a native video app. Is this possible?

I have been searching the web for this - sorry if my google skills have failed, but I just can't find an answer.

To be more specific, can the player object behave like, say, YouTube or VLC? You know, go full screen and back?

TIA,

-Dave-

bogs

Re: Full screen videos on windows 10?

Post by bogs » Tue May 28, 2019 10:32 pm

I don't think the player object per se can, but, you can -
* set the video player to the size of the card (or whatever portion therein)
* go to the property inspector -> geometry
* set the scaling of the player to the sides
* set the stack to full screen (or whatever portion therein).

You can actually see the settings in this video at this time slot.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Tue May 28, 2019 11:08 pm

Hi Dave,

welcome to the forum!

What Bogs said, and don't forget, the player object will behave as YOU, the developer, script it! :D
Just like someone programmed YT and VLC to display the video fullscreen (and back).

Best

Klaus

djpenton

Post by djpenton » Wed May 29, 2019 3:05 am

That worked, thanks. However, I consider it half-assed. These days full screen should be built into the player controls.

bogs

Post by bogs » Wed May 29, 2019 7:40 am

Um, not sure how that is 'half arsed'. The two examples cited in your first post work because one is a web page, and the other is an application.

As Klaus (rightly) points out, someone wrote the code that does pretty much what you see by managing the geometry in Lc, and I am pretty sure that took more than ticking some lines.

LiveCode is a programming language, the player is a 'control' or 'object', no different from a button or field or any other control or object, but it is not a standalone application. It is up to you to create the standalone application and how it behaves, just as it is in any other programming language you might attempt to use.

Return to “Multimedia”