who has experience with mp4 videos on windows?

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Tiemo

who has experience with mp4 videos on windows?

Post by Tiemo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:09 am

Hello,
I still have trouble playing mp4-h.264 videos on some windows machines since some time. I have installed the LAV-filters, which work fine for h.264 on windows. Where my program can play my videos on most windows machines without any problems, there are some single computers, where the video screen just stays black and nothing happens. (tested with/without buffering).

This occurred with LC 8. Building a standalone with LC 9.0 my same program could play the videos immediately. And now again, my same program without any changes, build with LC 9.0.2 doesn’t plays the videos on some machines again anymore.

This is very annoying for some of my customers, when they accept my automatic update and the programs doesn’t plays the videos anymore after the update.(Playing videos is the essential task of my program)

I discussed this already with Panos in Sep. 2018 and his guess where two new header includes in w32-ds-player.cpp(d3d9.h and vmr9.h)in LC 9 what have made it work in LC 9. But now in LC 9.0.2 the videos are broken again on some computers and I guess the headers are still included. This is very hard to track down, because either Panos nor me can’t reproduce this issue.

Is there anybody, who also works with mp4-h.264 videos on windows?
Any experiences? Any ideas what to check for?

Thanks for any ideas
Tiemo

Return to “Multimedia”