Placing objects over a Quicktime player?

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

hpaine

Placing objects over a Quicktime player?

Post by hpaine » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:33 pm

Hello,

I am looking to create a card allowing a button or image to be moved over a Quicktime background (i.e. a maze or other animation). However, I am unable to place any objects over a quicktime player in Revolution - no matter how I arrange them, they end up hidden behind my player in run mode. I feel as if I must be missing something very important here - is there any way to change this setting?

Thank you very much for your patient help to a newcomer!

Hanne

bn
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by bn » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Welcome Hanne,

you have to set the alwaysbuffer to true. To do that you select your player object and go to the Inspector, in Basic Properties there is the option Buffer or alwaysbuffer depending on the preferences you have set. Check this option. Than you can place objects on the player. But, the controller is not available for clicking, i.e. you can not start/pause etc. the movie from the controller. You have to control the player by scripts. That is not very difficult. Make a button and set its script to

Code: Select all

on mouseUp
  start player "myPlayer"
end mouseUp
etc.
Look up the player object in the dictionary. Also start stop and paused.
If you need further help just holler. The people here are friendly.
regards
Bernd

hpaine

Post by hpaine » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Thank you very much! I was so sure that I had tried everything in the inspector... how stupid!

Have a great weekend, and thanks again.

Hanne

Return to “Multimedia”