Pictures disappear in standalone

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

larryh

Pictures disappear in standalone

Post by larryh » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:15 am

Why might pictures not appear in the standalone app that appear otherwise? The pictures are not referred to but imported into the stack.

Thanks,

Larry

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:37 am

Hi Larry,

Do you have any more information? What is the format of the pictures? What operating system are you using? How many stacks and substacks do you have? Is the stack containing the pictures a substack of your mainstack, or is it a separate stack file, or do you have only one mainstack? Are all pictures hidden or only some of them? What else can you tell about the problem?

Are you sure you imprted the pictures correctly? Is the filename of the image objects empty? Did you do anything with the pictures after importing them? Are there any script associated with the image objects or are there any scripts that change any properties of the image objects?

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

larryh

Post by larryh » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:22 am

Hi Mark,

One of the pictures was originally a bmp, the other a jpg.

I guess what I find really confusing is why standalone would function differently than when I launch the rev stack itself. I think that answer will probably help me figure out the problem. I copied some scripts from other stacks so I suspect one of those is the culprit but why only in standalone mode.

There is one mainstack and a number of substacks. The pictures are in the image library of the mainstack. (Can substacks have their own image libraries ... it seems like the answer is yet). One picture is expected to show up in presentation of the main stack, and the other in a substack.

I will check the scripts to make sure nothing is resizing, moving, etc. but wouldn't such scripts act in the non-standalone environment?

Larry

Return to “Multimedia”