jumpy movement.

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

xfratboy

jumpy movement.

Post by xfratboy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:05 am

I've read numerous posts and suggestions regarding jumpy movement of graphics. I've changed to dynamic layer for the graphics moving. Nothing makes it better. When I just tell a graphic to "move" from one point to another, I often see fragments, flickers, and lines. I thought it was just bad coding on my part, but as I dig deeper it seems something is fundamentally different in the Windows 7 and above architecture. I'm wondering if anyone else is getting similar results. I'm running on a Win7 PC with AMD e2 Vision chipset. I've confirmed on other Windows 7 machines as well. Livecode 7.03 (or whatever the latest stable version is). Only thing that even slightly improves performance of a basic move, is if I disable the Aero theme on Windows 7. I welcome any ideas, thoughts, or questions. Basic stack attached but its probably fairly unnecessary to even look at.

Button Code

Code: Select all

on mouseUp
   global tSpeed
   set the acceleratedRendering of this stack to true
   move grc ball1 from line 1 of the points of grc "line" to (line 2 of the points of grc "line") in tSpeed seconds
   move grc ball1 from line 2 of the points of grc "line" to (line 1 of the points of grc "line") in tSpeed seconds
end mouseUp

Attachments
basic_move.zip
(1.2 KiB) Downloaded 242 times

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: jumpy movement.

Post by Simon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:48 am

Hi xfratboy,
The trick is not to use the "move" command, take a look here;
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23342

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

Return to “Multimedia”