Problem with an embedded-system revlet

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Len Morgan

Problem with an embedded-system revlet

Post by Len Morgan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm trying to get a revLet to load from a web server built into a microprocessor development board. Most of the time, it doesn't work. I get the rev picture saying that it's downloading the revlet and then a message that it failed to download the stack file.

Is there any reason why I would need anything besides the test.html file and the revLet loaded onto the web server? All of the javascript should execute on my browser shouldn't it? I would think that it's just going to pass on the revlet without knowing anything about it.

The wierd thing is that sometimes (maybe 1 in 20 or 30) it works. Also, the status bar in Firefox says that the file (revLet) downloaded successfully but the plugin thinks otherwise.

len morgan

malte

Post by malte » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:06 pm

Hey Len,

in situations where it fails from the webServer, does it load from your local HD (in the same Firefox session) ? Could it be possible there is a zombie plugin process hanging on your system avoiding the loading process?

Cheers,

Malte

Len Morgan

Post by Len Morgan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:12 pm

It works just fine from my own machine. It's more than likely something that the embedded system is sending back to the plugin.

It sure would be nice to be able to use Revolution revLets for configuring little computer boards instead of creating CGIs and html pages. Sometimes it seems to work and sometimes, it doesn't.

Len

Return to “Multimedia”