Custom Properties Key and Value?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller

zerobot

Custom Properties Key and Value?

Post by zerobot » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:29 pm

Going through the Academy as a beginner to programming in general.

The instruction says "Now go to the Custom Properties pane in the Inspector (1) and enter "cIsSheep" in the top pane Custom Properties (2), and "true" in the bottom pane Property Contents (3). Later on we are going to use this in our code. A custom property is a way of telling LiveCode that this particular object should behave in a certain way - in this case, like a sheep. Our code will later define what this behavior will be."

Now, there's no longer these two panes "Custom Properties" nor "Property Contents" in the Inspector.

What is the equivalent of these two panes?

I was thinking "Key" and "Value"? (so that Key would be cIsSheep and Value would be "true" but is that right?)

Thank you!

Klaus

Re: Custom Properties Key and Value?

Post by Klaus » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi zerobot,
zerobot wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:29 pm
I was thinking "Key" and "Value"? (so that Key would be cIsSheep and Value would be "true" but is that right?)
this is correct, KEY is the name of the custom property (= clsSheep) and VALUE, well, it value (= TRUE). :-)

Best

Klaus

zerobot

Post by zerobot » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:22 pm

Thank you, Klaus!

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by dunbarx » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:11 pm

Klaus.

I did not look at this deeply, but is zerobot saying that the inspector itself has changed nomenclature since the academy was written?

Craig

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:16 pm

As far as I remember there had been a GUI overhaul for the inspector some versions ago.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”