Player object oddities

If you find an issue in LiveCode but are having difficulty pinning down a reliable recipe or want to sanity-check your findings with others, this is the place.

Please have one thread per issue, and try to summarize the issue concisely in the thread title so others can find related issues here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

bogs

Player object oddities

Post by bogs » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:51 am

Came across this while doing some light testing in 9.5, and made a video of the second time it happened in an hour. The OS is Debian Buster (10).
https://youtu.be/QJgAkDWnVr4

In this video, at the end, the player object *was* added (through the menu action), but the first time it happened, nothing worked to place the player object.

The last time I saw this kind of behavior was trying to pull a widget onto the form, that it can now happen with a player object is a little disheartening eh?

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Player object oddities

Post by richmond62 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:53 pm

Just the same with Xubuntu (i.e. Ubuntu with XFCE) just now.

Nothing from the Toolbar, and only after the second attempt from the drop-down menu.

bogs

Re: Player object oddities

Post by bogs » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out what exactly is causing this behavior, probably a lack of knowledge on my end, but it is curious and as far as I can tell, completely random when it will hit :shock:

Return to “Bug Triage”