Quicktime Player Controller

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller

BarbaraValenzuela

Quicktime Player Controller

Post by BarbaraValenzuela » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:59 am

I've put together a stack of movies that I want my students to view using the script:
play
I imported the videos into my stack and have 11 video clips on 11 cards and all works fine.
I now need the script to do a couple other things but, being a newbe, can't figure them out. I've searched this site but haven't been able to find the answers.
1. What script will get the Quicktime controller to show? I want the students to be able to stop and rewind the video clip.
2. How can I get the video clip to quit and disappear when they go to the next card? I've attempted to use the script - stop playing videocli" - but it doesn't stop the clip much less get rid of it.
I've used HyperStudio for many years and did some scripting but not much. I'm sure it's simple but I cannot figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

bogs

Re: Quicktime Player Controller

Post by bogs » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:07 am

Hi BarbaraValenzuela, welcome to the forums :)

Which version of Lc are you using, and which OS are you on?

If you are using a newer version of the IDE, I believe Quicktime is no longer used.

Klaus

Re: Quicktime Player Controller

Post by Klaus » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:08 am

Hi Barbara,

unfortunately the "controller" will only be available if you use external video-files!
This does not work with imported video- and audiofiles!

With imported videos you need to create your own controls:

Code: Select all

## Stop a video
play stop "name of videoclip"
## Pause a video
play pause "name of videoclip"
## Continue a videoclip
play resume "name of videoclip"
Check "play" in the dictionary for further info.

Unfortunately the PLAY command does not support as much videoformats as a "player" object.
So maybe you want to use external files.

Best

Klaus

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”