iOS standalone starts in landscape despite being set to portrait in standalone settings

If you find an issue in LiveCode but are having difficulty pinning down a reliable recipe or want to sanity-check your findings with others, this is the place.

Please have one thread per issue, and try to summarize the issue concisely in the thread title so others can find related issues here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

chrissi_barton

iOS standalone starts in landscape despite being set to portrait in standalone settings

Post by chrissi_barton » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:02 pm

This is weird! I have a very simple flash card app which has been behaving very strangely. I recently recreated from scratch however these two problems persist:

1. The standalone settings clearly show initial orientation: portrait (iPhone & iPad), however when testing on my iphone 7 and iPad mini, the app starts in landscape. There is no code in the stack dictating the orientation, however a previous incarnation of the app was set to start in landscape (in the standalone settings). It is as if it is remembering a past life.

2. The standalone settings clearly show the app version 1.0.1 and build 1 (default). However when I build the app for iOS is shows up on my phone as build 23 (which incidentally is a previous incarnation which operated in landscape).

Can you think of anything which might allow this new stack to reference an old stack?

ValiantCuriosity

Re: iOS standalone starts in landscape despite being set to portrait in standalone settings

Post by ValiantCuriosity » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:16 pm

Hi,

I'm probably WAY off base with this. I'm a noob to LC.

Have you looked at the Project Browser to be sure that the old stack isn't loading in with the new stack?

As a noob, I've been tripped up many times with the way LC keeps old stuff in the project unless you use the "Close and Remove from Memory" File option.

My attempt to be helpful, but I suspect, you've already looked at The Project Browser.

-Rachel
May I never be cured of my curiosity! :D

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: iOS standalone starts in landscape despite being set to portrait in standalone settings

Post by jacque » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:34 pm

Delete the copy on the device before installing the new one. It sounds like the older copy isn't being updated.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Bug Triage”