rejected from apple due to UIFileSharingEnabled?

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

d.m.holdawayGA2553

rejected from apple due to UIFileSharingEnabled?

Post by d.m.holdawayGA2553 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:13 pm

this is what i got from apple,

Jun 6, 2012 01:58 PM. From Apple.

We found that your app did not achieve the core functionality described in your marketing materials or release notes, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

Your app has the UIFileSharingEnabled key set to true in the Info.plist, but this feature is not functional.

When file sharing is enabled, the entire Documents folder is used for file sharing. Files that that are not intended for user access via the file sharing feature should be stored in another part of your application's bundle. If your application does not require the file sharing feature, the UIFileSharingEnabled key in the Info.plist should not be set to true.

For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. Please be sure to:

- include the complete details of your rejection issues
- prepare any symbolicated crash logs, screenshots, and steps to reproduce the issues for when the DTS engineer follows up.

For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Tech Note TN2151 Understanding and Analyzing iPhone OS Application Crash Reports.

If you have difficulty reproducing this issue, please try testing the workflow as described in <https://developer.apple.com/library/ios ... 4/>Testing Workflow with Xcode's Archive feature".

Any advice is welcome..

gpb01
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: rejected from apple due to UIFileSharingEnabled?

Post by gpb01 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:35 am

But, in your application, you need iOS File Sharing ?

... because, from the Apple message, seems that you have flagged the "File Sharing", but you don't use this fuctionality ... so, if you don't need, simply unflag the "File Sharing" in the "Standalone Application Settings" for iOS.

Guglielmo

d.m.holdawayGA2553

Re: rejected from apple due to UIFileSharingEnabled?

Post by d.m.holdawayGA2553 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:20 pm

thanks for that, i posted in a massive panic and stressful mess haha, then i looked in the build settings and the box was ticked so i unticked and resent it

now we have to wait another 5-7 days...

Rookie mistake on my part.

Return to “iOS Deployment”