Multiple "Background" groups

Moderators: LCNeil, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, elanorb

pink

Multiple "Background" groups

Post by pink » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:56 pm

So first card is a "Main Menu" (no tab bar) that goes to 2 different sections "Clients" and "Jobs," each will have seperate cards for various tasks specific to their function.

My question is, can I make a navigation group and use it as a background for the cards related to "Clients" and then make a seperate navigation group and use it as a background group for the "Jobs" cards.
Greg (pink) Miller

MadPink, LLC
I'm Mad, Pink and Dangerous to Know

sefrojones
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Multiple "Background" groups

Post by sefrojones » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:01 am

Maybe you could have both groups set as background groups, and then hide/show the appropriate one depending on which card you are viewing?

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Multiple "Background" groups

Post by LCNeil » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:42 am

Hi Pink et al,

A method to do this would be to enable "Shared Group" (sharedbehaviour) of the groups that you wish to have have as navigation groups and then assign the applicable group, via script, to each card it should appear on.

e.g. if you have a group called nav1 on a card called "job". To apply this group to a card called "job 2" you would use the following script

Code: Select all

place group "nav1" of card "job" onto this card
With this method you could essentially have a resource card that contains your groups. This means you are not creating the groups from a used card.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
RunRev Support Team ~ http://www.runrev.com
——

Return to “idea2app and Coding School”