Webinar Questions

Moderators: LCNeil, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, elanorb

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Webinar Questions

Post by LCNeil » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi Steve,

I have had a look at your stack and it would seem that you were almost there. You had the overflow menu showing but not hiding again. I amended the stack to reflect this and made an overFlow button image in photoshop.

I also included an alternative example that shows a more animated overFlow menu. Instead of just appearing, it slides down from behind the nav bar.

Let me know how you get on with these.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
RunRev Support Team ~ http://www.runrev.com
——
overflow edit.zip
(19.67 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

steve_nam

Post by steve_nam » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Neil
I must still get the hang of the forum postings. I looked for your answer the last couple of days and did not see anything. I thought "Neil must be busy, but he will respond. "

I have only seen and downloaded it now, but my LiveCode Commercial is reporting as "expired". I have reported it to support via email. I will open the files when the problem of LiveCode is solved.

A related question: Can I use the Community version to build my projects and build as a standalone application in the Commercial version?

Regards,
Steve

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi Steve,

I see from your account that your LiveCode commercial licence is valid until 20th Jan 2015 so there shouldn't be anything store related causing the issue. Are you able to enter your store account and password to attempt to re-register your install LiveCode?

With that being said, you will be able to build your project with LiveCode community and they will work fine in LiveCode commercial. This will allow you to continue working until this issue is resolved.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
——

steve_nam

Post by steve_nam » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi Neil,
All sorted out. Your/RunRev support is truly great. I intend renewing LiveCode next year.

Thanks a million
Steve

steve_nam

Webinar Question Native Keyboard

Post by steve_nam » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 am

Hi Neil / Elanor
1. How do I display a keyboard (alphabet or numeric) in my card. I have a "search" input field on my card and a "Search" button. I used Elanor's Summer School App lesson on the contacts card and now want to search and display information from my sqlite database (recreational fishing permits). I need a native (Android) keyboard to display in order to put the search text into the text field and then press the "Search" button.

2. I also want to make use of the "Google Drive" or "Dropbox"cloud services to host sqlite databases for testing purposes. Please indicate how to I deal with the username and password of the cloud service (my Google Drive or Dropbox account) in the code on the search button?

Hopefully you can cover the questions this evening during the webinar.

Thanks
Steve

roddy

Post by roddy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Can we embed html on a card that includes java? Want to use a panoramic photo.

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Sorry did not know I was suppose to post before hand. I will do that from now on. Here are some of them.

Can you code in other languages? Aka write some non-UI code in java and “import” into live code? How about c++?

How does multiple users work for one live code account? Aka my Boss bought the software and we and it is under his account but someone else is taking the course. Is there anyway to link the live code accounts so you do not have to share passwords for live code?

How do you bridge the gap of normal object oriented languages. For example normally I would build a controller that would control certain aspects of my program aka database controller. I would then interact with this controller through an interface. How does this relate to live code and what is the simularities? aka how do I make libraries?

roddy

Post by roddy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:27 pm

how can i make my own custom vector graphics available in LiveCode?

tyarmsteadBUSuSfT

Post by tyarmsteadBUSuSfT » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:35 am

Where will the post webinar link be posted?
Ty

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi all,

Questions asked during the webinar will be viewable in the following forum post-

http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=19551

Yesterdays webinar session will soon be available directly on your LiveCode Store account.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
——

steve_nam

Webinar Material in my Store Accout

Post by steve_nam » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:28 am

Neil/Elanor
I still do not see the Wednesday webinar material in my LiveCode store account. Please send me a link to locate the material.

Regards
Steve

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi Steve,

I have sent you a private message with the link.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--

steve_nam

Post by steve_nam » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:49 am

Hi Neil,
Thanks. The issue is sorted.
Thanks a million for your dedication and service. Bear with us "green horns" but it is to really master LiveCode.
Looking forward to tonight's webinar.

Steve

newtronsols

Post by newtronsols » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:46 pm

I have switched back to the old Mobgui but can I switch between new and old Mobgui's without problems - similarly versions of Livecode - including commercial/non?

For example old mobgui text input works on Android but I don't seem to be able to get text input on new Mobgui to work. The Android theme also seems to disappear - on new mobgui leaving only the iOS theme. Though I can build a new theme called Android.

Also I get weekly updates to Livecode - at which point should I delete an older version?

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi Newtronsols,

We would recommend sticking to one version of mobGui as the product has been completely re-written so some scripts that work on the new version might not necessarily work on the old version.

The way the old and new mobGui are implemented are also different as the old mobGui required a substack to function and the new version adds a new card with all required functionality.

I believe themeing has also completely changed between version so this could be the reason for discrepancies when deployed to an Android Device.

We recommend that you use stable version of LiveCode when developing your applications. You may see DP and RC version released on a regular basis, but these can be unstable and there could be underlying bugs that need to be resolved. With that being said, you are more than welcome to try these versions out as they do generlly contain many exciting new features but please backup your stacks before hand.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
——

Return to “idea2app and Coding School”