Specifying audio recordInput when grabbing video

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

frankel

Specifying audio recordInput when grabbing video

Post by frankel » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:13 am

Hi,
I'm grabbing video on a Mac and it is working well except I have multiple video to USB adapters installed and I'm having difficulty specifying the correct audio input for each video input. The dictionary details the recordInput property, but it seems like you need to know what you are looking for. Any suggestions to the problem would be great. Specifically:

1) Is there a way to list the active/available audio inputs? I don't know what my particular USB adapter might be called.
2) Is there a way to create a dropdown menu that would let a user select the desired one from this list?

Thanks!

Martin Koob
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Specifying audio recordInput when grabbing video

Post by Martin Koob » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:55 pm

frankel wrote:Hi,
I'm grabbing video on a Mac and it is working well except I have multiple video to USB adapters installed and I'm having difficulty specifying the correct audio input for each video input. The dictionary details the recordInput property, but it seems like you need to know what you are looking for. Any suggestions to the problem would be great. Specifically:

1) Is there a way to list the active/available audio inputs? I don't know what my particular USB adapter might be called.
2) Is there a way to create a dropdown menu that would let a user select the desired one from this list?

Thanks!

If you are using revVideoGrabber you set the audio source and other settings using the command revVideoGrabDialog "audio"

Code: Select all

on AudioSettingsDialog
  # the video grabber component requires us to declare a variable
  # so that it can return data to it
  local myvar

# bring up the system QuickTime capture Audio settings dialog
  revVideoGrabDialog "audio"

# capture the settings the user has entered in the variable myVar
  revVideoGrabSettings "myvar"

# set the custom property "videoSettings" of this stack to contain the
  # data returned in the myVar variable
  set the cNewvideoSettings of this stack to myvar

# save this stack so that the next time the user opens it
  # the same settings can be retrieved from the custom property cNewvideoSettings of this stack
  save this stack

# however these changes will be lost when the application closes so
  # the settings have to be saved to a preferences stack "CaptureSettings.rev" file in
  # the users preferences folder.  
end AudioSettingsDialog
Martin

Return to “Mac OS”