RunRev Blog Updates & Communication

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

archer2009BUSknbj

RunRev Blog Updates & Communication

Post by archer2009BUSknbj » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:59 pm

I looked at the RunRev blog and there's not been a single update in over 2 months.

http://livecode.com/about/blog/

I'm new to Runrev & LiveCode and only found out about the company and the Product about 3 days after the Kickstarter project ended.
When I found out about LiveCode I was very excited but several months on I'm feeling pretty deflated about RunRev, LiveCode and this whole OpenSource project.

I'm not expecting miracles over night but I'd like to see the company making a lot more effort to communicate with the public now they've gone OpenSource.
Posting an update to your blog once every 2 or 3 months isn't going to engage people.

I'd like to know how the staff are doing,.. what's changed since getting over £400,000+ in funding ... did they hire new team members? .. Are they going to bring all their documentation upto date so those of us struggling to learn LiveCode at least have the best possible material to work off of?

Right now I'm not feeling that OpenSource vibe that comes from the buzz of being involved in a fast moving and exciting project.

All these huge gaps in non communication from RunRev do is encourage people like myself to see what other software solutions are out there - in particular what solutions there are for Android and iPhone / iPad development.

Is it really that hard or that time consuming to appoint 1 or 2 members of staff at RunRev to be in charge of updating the blog at least 2 times a month? Even if it's just a few lines.

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: RunRev Blog Updates & Communication

Post by Simon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:37 am

Hi Archer,
If you want to watch some near real time goings on, check out the Engine Contributors and IDE Contributors forums.
It will give you a sense of the complexities and show first hand that RunRev is actively involved (one of the prolific users is Mark Waddingham (hint: it's not markw)).

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:23 am

Yes, there's a lot of activity there, but it *would* be good to hear an official word from the team. Kevin says he's working on a new blog entry, but there's nothing yet. I know they're all working full-bore on getting this thing into shape.

kevinmiller
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by kevinmiller » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:18 pm

Folks I am sorry for the slight gap in communication. We have been incredibly active on the engine contributors form and some of the online venues but the blog has lagged a little. Between the conference, a new website, a server move, customer service enquiries increasing from a few hundred to a few thousand a month and half the team being unavoidably off at various points we just couldn't keep up. Tons has been happening, we have been hiring, triaging and things are all settling down again now. We posted a short update today and we'll post a longer, detailed one soon. Everyone is so working hard to get things settled back down into a more steady pattern. Again apologies and look for things to become more consistent again shortly.
Kevin Miller ~ kevin@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by richmond62 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:03 pm

Trying to balance all the work you have to do now that you have the Kickstart funding with keeping the funders informed must be quite difficult.

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:28 pm

richmond62 wrote:Trying to balance all the work you have to do now that you have the Kickstart funding with keeping the funders informed must be quite difficult.
Rumor has it they've actually been quite slackerly: I've heard that they've been taking time to eat nearly once every day, and take time away from work to sleep at least once a week. Outrageous! Why can't they put in an honest day's work? Slackers! ;)
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Personally I have always thougth that Kevin Miller looks undernourished, and what he needs is a good feed.

Return to “Off-Topic”