Error message when linking the ANdroid SDK

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

mattrgs

Error message when linking the ANdroid SDK

Post by mattrgs » Tue May 28, 2013 1:46 pm

I have tried to link the SDK for Android to Livecode Community, but everytime it says that it isn't a valid SDK. I have made sure that I have downloaded the packages for 2.2 in the SDK, so I can't see what the problem is. (I am using windows 7 and have downloaded all of the latest packages for the SDK).
Thanks in advance,
Matthew

SparkOut

Re: Error message when linking the ANdroid SDK

Post by SparkOut » Tue May 28, 2013 2:38 pm

The latest version of the SDK seems to have changed some file locations and removed others.
Try copying the apkbuilder (apkbuilder.bat?) file into the "Tools" folder from a previous version. Also try copying aapt (aapt.exe?) and dx (dx.bat?) from a numbered folder under "build-tools" to the "platform-tools" folder.

wsamples
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by wsamples » Tue May 28, 2013 2:44 pm

mattrgs

Post by mattrgs » Tue May 28, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks wsamples, that sorted it. For others the way to do it is right click on the link, copy it, paste it into notepad or word etc. Then change where it says 22 to 21.1, now paste this new address into your web browser and it will start downloading immediatley. N.B. Once you have opened the SDk to download FROYO (2.2) make sure you unselect any in the tools folder, as you don't want to update them.
Matthew

johnhb

Post by johnhb » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:34 am

mattrgs, I tried your suggestion to change ....adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522.zip
and get error 404.
Tried several options including:
...adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130521,1.zip
also tried
...adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130521.1.zip

I am starting to think this is not for me, having spent nearly two weeks to get LC working with ADT.

Simon

Post by Simon » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:59 am

Here are the links to previous versions:
Win
http://dl.google.com/android/installer_ ... indows.exe
Mac
http://dl.google.com/android/android-sd ... macosx.zip

I read that LC 6.0.2 does work with ADT Revision 22.
Also I saw that if you change the "_r20.0.3-" above to "_r21.1_" you will get the latest working version that I'm running.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

johnhb

Post by johnhb » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:35 am

Simon[/quote]
Simon, I downloaded the installer for ..r21.1 as per your link above. Once installed the program ran the sdk manager. I unticked the option to upgrade to version 22 but had to leave the ticks for android 4.2.2 to be installed. Somewhere during that process the ADT was updated to version 22. I am going around in circles. Having installed/uninstalled ADT atleast 6 times. I have also used the ADT zip file and unpacked that. It has an sdk folder but I still get the same message from LC.
This is really becoming very frustrating and confusing as some posts say use the windows installer (r21.1 or r22) and other say to use the adt bundle file. Tried just about every combination I can think of.

Simon

Post by Simon » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:28 am

Hi John,
Can you get LC 6.0.2?
As far as the ADT revision, Matthew (below) seemed to be able to restrict the update to 21.1, but also make sure you download using the SDK manager Android 2.2 that must be there for LC even if you don't use it.
some posts say use the windows installer (r21.1 or r22) and other say to use the adt bundle file
I can only say what is working for me since LC 5.3. Mind you, I'm on Win7 with 32 bit installs of both Java and ADT (maybe I should include that in my sig.)

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

wsamples

Post by wsamples » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:48 am

johnhb wrote: This is really becoming very frustrating and confusing as some posts say use the windows installer (r21.1 or r22) and other say to use the adt bundle file. Tried just about every combination I can think of.
Did you try installing and moving the various files as mentioned here? http://forums.runrev.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... 034#p76000 This should work without requiring you to reinstall the Android SDK. This is the method suggested by RunRev.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”