Need help: My standalone for Window doesn't recognize MySql

Creating desktop or client-server database solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

pali

Need help: My standalone for Window doesn't recognize MySql

Post by pali » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:44 pm

Hi,
I am programming on a iMac a system handling the printing of tickets for theatre performances and festivals. This system is working thanks to the services offered by a MySQL database. The database is running on a remote server (a PC). The connection to the database is working just fine using the original developing file (the work file, not the standalone), but as soon I try to use the standalone I get an error message and are not able to connect to the database. Using the standalone on a window system I get the following error:. "reverr: wrong type of database". On Macintosh systems I get only a blank window. I am sure I have checked, in the "Standalone Application settings.." window the following: Script libraries: database - Database support: checked and chosen "MySQL".

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Pali

PS: on the server I am sure the right kind of database (MySQL) is installed ( I manage to connect to it through MySQL Administrator)

Janschenkel
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Need help: My standalone for Window doesn't recognize My

Post by Janschenkel » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:01 pm

Hi Pali,

Are you using Rev 2.7? - if so there's a problem in the standalone builder that skips copying the database drivers and the externals.
The target milestone for this fix is 2.7.1, which should be available shortly.

You can verify if this is the problem by checking the subdirectory 'externals' in your standalone build directory - if it is empty, the externals are missing. If there's a subdirectory 'database_drivers', see if it contains any dll's.

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:20 pm

Janschenkel wrote:Hi Pali,

Are you using Rev 2.7? - if so there's a problem in the standalone builder that skips copying the database drivers and the externals.

You can verify if this is the problem by checking the subdirectory 'externals' in your standalone build directory - if it is empty, the externals are missing. If there's a subdirectory 'database_drivers', see if it contains any dll's.

Jan Schenkel.
This answers many issue I have had with external dll's not working with standalone. Is there any work around solution to force it to work with 2.7 or will we need to wait for the next update release. Thank you so much for this info. I was going crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

pali

Post by pali » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:47 am

Jan Schenkel.
Thank for your answer,

that is really bad news for me! The customer I am working for has only PC and if my Mac programmed stack doesn't on his PC...don't even want to think about it!

Any how, I appreciate your help. The subdirectory "externals" contains the following: an EMPTY folder "database_drivers" and a file by the name of "revdb.dll". Could be an idea moving manually this file into the empty drivers folder? Is this an issue concernig only 2.7? May I program in an older version of RR to evoid this problem?

Thankful for any further help

Pali

Janschenkel

Post by Janschenkel » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:20 pm

Hi Pali,

Unfortunately, it affects standalone building for Windows in 2.7 from both MacOS X and Windows ; it works correctly in 2.6, though - so if you don't rely on new features, you could move it back to version 2.6 for now.
At least until Rev 2.7.1 rolls around, where this problem has been rectified.

In case you weren't aware of it, the file format changed between Rev 2.6 and 2.7, so you might want to download a copy of Altuit's StackFormat plug-in:
http://www.gadgetplugins.com/altplugins/StackFormat.rev
If you haven't downloaded the Altuit plug-ins yet, then make sure to grab the whole collection at:
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altP ... /about.htm

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

pali

Post by pali » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:44 pm

Unfortunately, it affects standalone building for Windows in 2.7 from both MacOS X and Windows ; it works correctly in 2.6, though - so if you don't rely on new features, you could move it back to version 2.6 for now.
At least until Rev 2.7.1 rolls around, where this problem has been rectified.

In case you weren't aware of it, the file format changed between Rev 2.6 and 2.7, so you might want to download a copy of Altuit's StackFormat plug-in:
http://www.gadgetplugins.com/altplugins/StackFormat.rev
If you haven't downloaded the Altuit plug-ins yet, then make sure to grab the whole collection at:
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altP ... /about.htm

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Hei,
thank you again, may be this put me back on the track... I' ll let you know.

Pali

pali

Thanks to Janschenkel, it worked!

Post by pali » Mon May 01, 2006 5:14 pm

Hi,
Using Rev 2.6.6 made it for me! Now my standalone application works like a charm, even with Window!! Thanks to you, and your help. Now, by the way, as you know, rev 2.7.1 has arrived, and it looks like they fixed that bug. Good for me... good for everybody.

My best,

Pali

Return to “Databases”