Different license key with RevSelect Christmas Bundle?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

pelkofg053

Different license key with RevSelect Christmas Bundle?

Post by pelkofg053 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:41 pm

Hi All:

Just looking to clarify the "Your license has expired" message I received after running "Check for Updates..." from Rev Studio version 2.8.1-gm-3.

I originally purchased Rev Studio 2.7.x in July of 2006, and subsequently purchased a renewal pack in July of 2007, which presumably is active until July of 2008. To the best of my knowledge, the renewal pack license key was the same as my original purchase license key.

I also purchased the "Christmas Bundle", which included an extension of my existing license for one year from its July 2008 expriation date. Thus, I should be licensed until July 2009.

Upon closer examination, it appears that the key I received with the "Christmas Bundle" is different from my original key.

Is this correct?

Do I need to somehow update the key in the 2.8.1 version in order to use it past July of 2008? Or will an update to 2.9 automatically re-license the older version(s)?

Or, perhaps my "Christmas key" should have been the same as my original key?

Thanks,

George

malte

Post by malte » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:50 pm

AFAIK, each upgrade pack is a new key.
However to my knowlege in 2.8.1 there was no way to enter the new keys in Rev itself. Some steps may be required here. Best to contact support@runrev.com with this question.

All the best,

Malte

pelkofg053

Post by pelkofg053 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Hi Malte:

I stand corrected - my renewal pack key is slightly different from my original key (and my Christmas key).

I just don't recall having to enter the renewal pack key at any time when updating the 2.7.x version(s) or 2.8.x version(s), or receiving a "license has expired message" during an update.

Of course, my recollections could be faulty. It's what happens when attempting to put a gallon of knowledge into a thimble-sized brain.

Recollections are sometimes FIFO <grin>...

Thanks,

George

Garrett

Post by Garrett » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:49 pm

I thought it was simply an effect of getting old. At least that's what every keeps telling me! ;-)

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”