Functions

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

BlaBlaBliBli

Re: Functions

Post by BlaBlaBliBli » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:27 pm

So what should i do now ?

It's the most important part of my application :@ Pleaseee helpppp Lol :@

Explain it to me like a failure step by step i guess i will understand :D

- only if you have the power-

Thank you very much

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:11 pm

Don't you understand or do you not want to understand what I am trying to tell you?

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by dunbarx » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Livecode is sneaky in that a very new user can fill a whole card with objects without knowing anything about what they are capable of, or what is required of the author to make them work. The DO NOT come with any functionality at all. They have, on the other hand, unlimited potential.

Klaus is right. You have to slow down, make a few small gadgets, and experiment. Try an address book that does lots of things for you. Make a calculator for dates or numbers, make a text utility for sorting or shuffling, whatever. Even a silly trivial toy application will require a lot of work, and give you a lot of satisfaction. These do not have to be pretty. Just make them, then change them, then add to them. You must have a few small apps that you wish you could have, to do something for you personally. Make them, then add to their capabilities.

This will cause you tremendous grief, and tremendous satisfaction.

You are making a game, I think you said. This is very ambitious without a solid foundation.

But no matter how many times you write to this forum, you will receive help. And right away. But it is your responsibility to learn a new language. The good news is that with LC, this is a lot of fun to do.

Craig Newman

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”