Report Builder

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

info26

Report Builder

Post by info26 » Tue May 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Hello
recently used livecode and I have a problem with printing.
I noticed that there is not a report editor, if I print a card, left margin and top margin does not correspond to 0.0 as I have set with the appropriate command but start at 50.50 or more
It would be useful to an editor of prints that could be used by the end user, such as Jasper Reports and other
Is there any example of how to print a report in Live Code, the ones I found could be used to my 5 year old daughter but an application to distribute the versatility of the prints is essential

Thanks for the tips

Mimmo

gpb01
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Report Builder

Post by gpb01 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:56 pm

info26 wrote:Hello
It would be useful to an editor of prints that could be used by the end user, such as Jasper Reports and other
Hi Mimmo,
get a look here : http://users.telenet.be/quartam/reports/index.html ... it's allow you to design report as you like and to get data directly from databases ... :)

Guglielmo

jacque

Post by jacque » Tue May 15, 2012 7:52 pm

info26 wrote:if I print a card, left margin and top margin does not correspond to 0.0 as I have set with the appropriate command but start at 50.50 or more
0,0 is the top left of the area the printer supports. Most printers can't print to the entire page and will leave 1/4" at the sides and half inch at the top. It is very rare to find a printer that will print less than 1/2" from the top. That 1/2" is the zero point of the top margin.

Also, if the objects on your card are inset from the edges, then the inset amount will also appear to be blank.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

info26

Post by info26 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:24 am

Hello
LiveCode but I am new to several years of experience with other tools and I know that the print area starts at about 1/2 cm from the edges and bottom even more, but in the case of the 0.0 Live code corresponds to 200.100 page

See the attachment

jacque

Post by jacque » Wed May 16, 2012 4:23 pm

The attachment didn't work (you may not have enough posts yet to attach files.) Where on the card are the objects? For a true margin, you must move everything to the edges of the card. I.e., the topleft of the first object must be at 0,0. If you are using a menu group, that position will be under the menus.

Because this is not usually pleasing on screen, it is common to use a separate printing stack that has the fields at the far left and top edges.

You could also experiment with printing into a rectangle; that allows some control over margins without creating a separate printing stack. There are extensive commands and functions for printing, the dictionary lists them. The default "print this card" doesn't give much control.

Or take a look at Jan Schenkel's utility, it does the work for you.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Talking LiveCode”