Upgrade to 2.9??

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

JeremyR

Upgrade to 2.9??

Post by JeremyR » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:30 pm

I received an email recently saying that I was required to purchase an upgrade in order to use 2.9 on release. I thought if you held a 2.7+ key that you got 2.9 for free? I have a 2.8.1 key and thus from what I read understood I would be able to upgrade to 2.9 for free.

Has this changed? Or did I simply mis-interpret, I swear I read discussions saying it was free?

Thanks.

PS. Couldn't figure out the most suitable place for this post, this forum seems to have a few too many boards (less is more?) :roll:

whelkybaby

Post by whelkybaby » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:59 pm

The company I work for bought the two for one offer back in November (I think) and then I personally bought the Christmas offer bundle as I'm so impressed with Rev.

I'd be interested in finding out whether we both get the upgrade or not. I'm pretty sure that the Christmas bundle counts.

Steve

malte

Post by malte » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:11 pm

I think it would be best to ask this question to the ones who can really answer it:

support -at- runrev -dot- com

However, it would be nice if they jumped in here for a clarification.

All the best,

Malte

benoestrada

Post by benoestrada » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi,

I share the same feeling, upgrading from 2.8.1 to 2.9 should not be expensive... or free.

I'm afraid there would be news on May at Las Vegas, I definitely prefer to pay for a major upgrade.

My cent,

beno

Andycal

Post by Andycal » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:49 pm

As a beta tester, I got this in an email:
We are stepping closer and closer to the final release of Revolution 2.9. Remember, this is the free upgrade that everyone who had an active license as of February 1, 2006 is entitled to receive.
Hope that clears it up.

heatherlaine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by heatherlaine » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:02 pm

We will honor our promise to make 2.9 free to everyone who had a 2.7x license. This has not changed.

Owning 2.8x does not automatically qualify you for 2.9 free. You will get 2.9 if you:

owned 2.7x

purchased a new Revolution license less than three months before the release of 2.9

own an update pack valid for the date of release of 2.9

If you do not fall into any of these groups, you need to purchase an update pack, valid for all new releases for the next year, and taking advantage of the current February promotion is a smart thing to do.

If you are still unsure of your entitlement, please do feel free to email support!

Warm Regards

Heather

Customer Services Manager
Runtime Revolution Ltd.

bjb007

Living with 400 bugs!

Post by bjb007 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:40 am

Seems from the offer of v2.9 that 2.8 users
are sitting on a time-bomb of 400 bugs!

Tell me it's not so and/or let me have a list
of extant bugs so that I can avoid them.
Life is just a bowl of cherries.

JeremyR

Post by JeremyR » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:17 am

Thanks for clearing that up. My feelings are that the asking price for the update, even with the discount, isn't worth it for 2.8.1 -> 2.9 (for me personally at least).

I guess I'll just wait for a better discount/special or for 3.0 :D

BJB007, the bugs are listed online: http://quality.runrev.com/qacenter/

Andycal

Post by Andycal » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:59 am

Or wait until Christmas when they appear to give everything away for peanuts, even other people's software.

I know it's a great deal if you're new to the party, but for customers who've just upgraded, it's a kick in the teeth when you realise that you're actually penalised for your loyalty. It also devalues the software.

</rant>

bjb007

Post by bjb007 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:04 pm

Quote:

"purchased a new Revolution license less than three months before the release of 2.9"

Hmmm....will we be advised when the three months starts?

Be a shame to miss out by a day!
Life is just a bowl of cherries.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”