Intersect Function

Creating Games? Developing something for fun?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Danny

Intersect Function

Post by Danny » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:33 am

Hi,
I've been trying to get the intersect function in LiveCode to work without any luck. It's a simple game that involves catching a ball that's dropping straight down into a bucket. I got the ball to drop into the bucket but I want to use the intersect function to detect when something has dropped into the bucket and make it count for points. My question is could you explain how to implement the intersect function better than the dictionary and/or provide sample code that I could tinker with?

Dixie
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Intersect Function

Post by Dixie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi Danny...

I dont really know what you want to do... Do you eventually want to have the bucket moving left to right, so that it becomes more a game of 'skill' rather than just having a ball drop into a bucket ?

I have attached another stack showing the ball dropping into the bucket... it uses the intersect function to add to a field 'score'... but if the bucket is not moving then you could just add to the score when the ball finishes 'dropping'...

be well

Dixie
Attachments
DannyIntersect.zip
(96.49 KiB) Downloaded 426 times

Danny

Post by Danny » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:14 am

Dixie wrote:Hi Danny...

I dont really know what you want to do... Do you eventually want to have the bucket moving left to right, so that it becomes more a game of 'skill' rather than just having a ball drop into a bucket ?
Yes I'm tying to make it more of a "skill" game. The intersect worked great I'm currently tying make the balls fall at random times and then progressively get faster. If you have ideas go ahead and shout them out.
Also if you know of a timer function in the dictionary that could help make "levels" (like after x amount of time start dropping more)to get progressively faster let me because all I could find were ones to show the clock.

JosepM
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by JosepM » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi,

How you can check the intersec if the user move the bucket? I mean how to check it? so in the stack example the intersect is checked when the ball finish the movement, isn't?

Salut,
Josep

Return to “Games”