More revLet questions

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

shadowslash

More revLet questions

Post by shadowslash » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Question 1:
How do I open my custom palette stack inside a revLet? I tried it and nothing appears. Also, i'm aware that the modal command isn't allowed in revLets because of possible problems that may occur due to bad programming but I took a look at the palette command and found out that it's supported on the Desktop and Web. (As shown on revDocs in 4.0.0-gm-1.) I tried a simple test, a main stack with a substack w/c will be called via palette command. It doesn't work. I already have the latest version of the revWeb plugin (Build 950 am I right?) but the palette stack still wouldn't show.

Question 2:
Has there been issues with others who try to use their revLets in Google Chrome for Windows? Mine doesn't seem to go anywhere besides loading a black box the same size as my revLet. This is the link to my revLet. Please tell me if anything has something to do with it. I tried it on IE and Firefox. It worked on both. Can anybody also confirm this for the other OSes other than Windows?

Question 3:
Where can I get the latest build for the Linux version of the revWeb plugin? I know there is a link to it before it went unavailable. Can anybody share with me a copy of that plugin? I know that the latest one is still in-process of making but I just need a plugin for Linux for my users. Thank you for those who will share their copy of the Linux revWeb plugin.
Parañaque, Philippines

acidjazz
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: More revLet questions

Post by acidjazz » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:23 am

Shadowslash,
I can confirm that revlets do not work on Google Chrome -- at least not on Vista or XP -- and haven't for a couple of months now. I could swear that they used to work. I don't know which update broke it, but it definitely does not work on Chrome for windows.
Mark

shadowslash

Re: More revLet questions

Post by shadowslash » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:19 pm

acidjazz wrote:Shadowslash,
I can confirm that revlets do not work on Google Chrome -- at least not on Vista or XP -- and haven't for a couple of months now. I could swear that they used to work. I don't know which update broke it, but it definitely does not work on Chrome for windows.
Mark
Darn! And there I thought that it does function on chrome! I use it on chrome before and it's a pity that some later update broke it's compatibility. Are there any plans on fixing it in the near future?
Parañaque, Philippines

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”