Using aeFadeIn

Create fast, sprite powered games with Animation Engine, co-developed with DerBrill Software!

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte

andyh1234

Using aeFadeIn

Post by andyh1234 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:10 am

Hi Malte,

Just got Animation Engine as part of the megabundle, it looks great. Been using the chartsengine since you released it and thats a godsend too!

A quick question!

Looking at the command... aefadein the long id of stack "loading"

Is there a quick way to fade in a specific card in a stack? I have a few sub stacks, each with a few cards. Id like to be able to use aefadein in the same way I use...

go to card 'xyz' of stack 'abc'

Is that possible?

Thanks

Andy

malte

Re: Using aeFadeIn

Post by malte » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi Andy,

I am afraid not (yet). It would require some changes to the AE script, but at least fading out (and in) of a card seems possible with the latest rev engine versions. What it would do is fade to the backcolor of the stack. Maybe go cd "xy" with visual effect "dissolve" would be more reasonable here though. I know it does not look too good without quicktime...

I´ll see what I can do. :-)

Happy hollidays,

Malte

andyh1234

Post by andyh1234 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Thanks Malte.

Have a great christmas, and all the best for the new year.

Andy

malte

Post by malte » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:10 pm

Hey Andy,

would you be in for a testdrive next week? If so, could you just mail me to info@derbrill.de ?

I think I can set up something practical, though it will have to be a command in itself and I want to make sure it a) makes sense and b) does not break. :-)

All the best,

Malte

andyh1234

Post by andyh1234 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Absolutely, count me in!

I have been thinking about it and thought about creating a snapshot of the current card, putting this into another 'image' stack as the background then showing the image stack on top of the real stack. I could swap to the new card in the background while the user was just looking at the image stack and finally fade between the two stacks with AE. Probably over complicated, but I thought that might work!

Andy

malte

Post by malte » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:41 pm

What I can do (and got basically working) is fading the whole card to its background color, go to the next card and fade that in. Not exactly a crossfade between the 2 cards, but actually looks quite (or even very) nice. :-) Just drop me a line that I have your mail add.

All the best,

Malte

andyh1234

Post by andyh1234 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Sounds good to me!

Return to “Animation Engine”