Printing delivery note

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Printing delivery note

Post by FourthWorld » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:17 pm

cbarbal wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:19 pm
Hi bangkok,

It can be very simple with LiveCode, but printing labels with a Zebra printer in FileMaker, which are not compatible is not. With a printer technician we spent about 3 hours to configure it, the size of the label that you put on the printer has nothing to do with the FileMaker. I already told the client that they were not compatible, he tried.
Zebra claims to be compatible with Mac. They even provide a guide for setting it up:
https://support.zebra.com/cpws/docs/dri ... ra_Mac.htm

Both LiveCode and FileMaker are compatible with macOS printing functions. That is, any printer driver compliant with OS specs should be usable by just about any software that can work with any other printer.

Zebra claims to rely on CUPS for the bulk of its needs, which has a good reputation for robustness.

You may need to contact Zebra technical support to determine why software using standard macOS printing routines are not working with the specific Zebra printer you're using.
The Spanish ñ does not understand the printed and puts in its place the n.
That sounds like a bug in either the printer driver or the printer firmware. Definitely contact the manufacturer.
I've only been with LiveCode for a couple of weeks and I do not see that I'm very focused on the management issue, or at least it appears to me. I have never seen any management program on LiveCode and I do not know its real power.
I don't understand "management" in this context. I have programs that manage web production, team workflows, data analytics, graphics production, and more. "Management" is a very broad word.

Can you tell us more specifically what you're looking for?
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

cbarbal

Post by cbarbal » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi Mikey,

It prints at the end from Windows. Anyway, I do not worry anymore, he's not a serious customer. It's good to know, in case I make the final step to LiveCode.

Regards,

Carles

cbarbal

Post by cbarbal » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi Richard,

The technician of the company that sold the printer, already got in touch with the technical support of Zebra. It was finished printing from Windows. The configuration of the size that had to be put in FileMaker, had nothing to do with the measure of the label. But the printed data remained inside the label.

As I mentioned to Mikey, he is not a good client and I have no relationship with him anymore.

On the subject of management I mean to be able to do a CMR, control stocks, manage rentals of properties, rental of materials, traceability of the food chain, etc. I'm not saying it can not be done, but unfortunately I do not master the LiveCode and it's hard for me to replicate something similar done with FileMaker.

A big handicap is the subject of the database, you have to make the connections, close them, update data, delete, I have it automatic with FileMaker, I know what it is to get used to.

Nor have I seen anything done with LiveCode, that I can say these objects in this layout equals that object in FileMaker.

Do you know if there are people who use it in Spain?

Thanks for your reply,

Carles

capellan

Post by capellan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:28 am

Hi Carles,
Do you know if there are people who use it in Spain?
Contact Mr. Fermín Rotaeche, who lives in Bilbao:
https://es-es.facebook.com/fermix.rb
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsrZmY ... Ada0rEQH0Q
https://plus.google.com/101021704448997649533

Al

cbarbal

Post by cbarbal » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi capellan,

Thanks, but I do not use Facebook, or Google.

Regards,

Carles

capellan

Post by capellan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:12 am

Hi Carles,

I could not find a way to send you a private message
in this forum, so send me an email:
capellan2000@gmail.com

After I receive your message, I will forward it
to Fermín and he will contact you.

Al

sidameen

Post by sidameen » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:27 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm a novice here , so forgive this if it seems ignorant

What happens if you want to print a header on just the first page and a footer on the last page. I Used the code above , Thank you barbal , this was very useful .But the header and footer gets printed on every page. That wont do for multiple page invoices or delivery notes

Can anyone post up a code sample that uses a datagrid and prints a header and footer after only parsing through and printing the datagrid cotents? - will be greatful

Also if you Use revPrintText you can put in the parameters for the header and footer , but the text size remains at default so you get a wrapped result which is hard to read when printing from a datagrid. I tried creating a field and putting that as the last parameter so it 'inherits' the formating of the field, then you just hide that field, but the documentation doesn't have an example I tried everything and can't get this to work:

revPrintText the dgText of group "dataGridLogs", "acczap log files " && "Printed on: " && tDateToPrint && "Page: " && "<%pageNumber%> of <%numpages%" , "acczap"

above works beautifully, but wraps, so I wanted to reduce the font size by placing the fieldTemplateParameter according to the documentation

Thats when it stops working

These below dont work:

revPrintText the dgText of group "dataGridLogs", "acczap log files " && "Printed on: " && tDateToPrint && "Page: " && "<%pageNumber%> of <%numpages%" , "acczap , field "printField"

revPrintText the dgText of group "dataGridLogs", "acczap log files " && "Printed on: " && tDateToPrint && "Page: " && "<%pageNumber%> of <%numpages%" , "acczap ,,, field "printField"

revPrintText the dgText of group "dataGridLogs", "acczap log files " && "Printed on: " && tDateToPrint && "Page: " && "<%pageNumber%> of <%numpages%" , "acczap , (field "printField")

Just can't get these 2 - critically important things

Sid

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi Sid,

welcome to the forum!

According to the dictionary (Hint, Hint!), we cannot use a DIRECT field reference:
Important: The revPrintText command does not accept direct field references for the fieldTemplate parameter. For example, the following statement causes an error message:
revPrintText myText,,,field "Text" -- CAN'T USE THIS FORM
And looks like you are passing too many parameters to the handler, see below.
So please try again with the correct syntax like:

Code: Select all

## Parameter 1: the dgText of group "dataGridLogs",
## Parameter 2: "acczap log files " && "Printed on: " && tDateToPrint && "Page: " && "<%pageNumber%> of <%numpages%" , 
## Parameter 3: "acczap"
## Parameter 4: (empty): ,, 
## Parameter 5: field "printField"
## ONE too much! :-)

## I use several variables just for readability reasons:
put the dgText of group "dataGridLogs into tText
put "acczap log files " && "Printed on: " && tDateToPrint && "Page: " && "<%pageNumber%> of <%numpages%" into tHeader
put "acczap" into tFooter

## This should work:
revPrintText tText, tHeader, tFooter, the name of field "printField"
Best

Klaus

sid

Post by sid » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Hi Klaus

Lol "direct reference"...you were right-I was winking at a girl in the dark. should have put the lights on first. :roll:

Thank you for the warm welcome and reply.

I just saw this today (After I posted a question about it on a new forem topic related to printing from datagrids

appreciate the assist

Sid :D

dunbarx

Post by dunbarx » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:59 pm

Sid,

This is a peculiar case. Almost everywhere else in LC, just the opposite is true, that errors occur when one does NOT provide the control reference. But for this you just must not, :wink:

Craig

sid

Post by sid » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:39 pm

Hi Klaus

I tested this. your code works perfectly without the last parameter : , the name of field "printField"

if you add it as in the example you gave, it breaks.

its strange

Sid

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:03 pm

Yo, very strange, I had this directly from the dictionary!?

sid

Post by sid » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:11 pm

Hi Klaus

Credit goes to Elanor for fixing this. Thanks for the help man.

we had to just change:
revPrintText tText, tHeader, tFooter, the name of field "printField

to

revPrintText tText, tHeader, tFooter, the long id of field "printField"

and then this thing works

I wonder if there's a way to print the datagrid rows each on a seperate line with this. with this command it bunches up all the row records.

Sid

dunbarx

Post by dunbarx » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Hi.
it bunches up all the row records.
The field data is all bunched up? What does it look like in the debugger?

If it really is fouled up, you can always clean the data char by char and then print.

Craig

sid

Post by sid » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:17 pm

Thanks Chraig

I did as you suggested and it works out fine now.

Just needed a bit of extra code to send each row to another line.

was bunching up everything into a helluva long text paragraph

Appreciate the help
SId

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”