Player Controller question

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

sritcp

Player Controller question

Post by sritcp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:31 pm

I created a player, set the source to a local .mp4 video file, and played. (LC 9.0.2 Indy, Mac 10.14.4)

There are two little half-arrow icons at the right hand edge of the Controller which I assumed were Rewind and Fast-forward (to take you to an earlier or later time point) but they seemed to permanently increase the playrate. That is, even after I hold and release the Fast-forward button, the video continues to play at the higher speed. There seems no way to get back to normal speed (other than by script, setting “the playrate of player 1 to 1”). The same thing happens to the Rewind button, where the video continues to play in reverse at a fast speed. This is not good for a user who may inadvertently press and hold these buttons.

Is this the way the Controller is supposed to work or is this a bug? Is there a way to script the individual icons/buttons on the Controller (e.g., not show the Rewind, Fast-forward buttons)?

Thanks,
Sri

Klaus

Re: Player Controller question

Post by Klaus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi Sri,

confirmed, this is a bug! Could you please report it? Thanks.

SHIFT-clicking on these arrows will shows a little scrollbar where you can set the speed for forward and backwards playback.

And the arrows should ONLY play backwards and forward AS LONG as you press them.

Best

Klaus

sritcp

Post by sritcp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi Klaus,

Please remind me again how/where to file a bug report -- I have never done it!

Thanks,
Sri

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi Sri,

here: https://quality.livecode.com
Click "File a bug" and answer all questions.
You may need to create an account first however.

Best

Klaus

sritcp

Post by sritcp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:12 pm

Thanks.

Filed a bug report.
Bug 22187 - Rewind and FF button on video controller does not return the playrate to normal after release

Sri.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”