Script Editor Not Showing Default Handler

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

dvermes

Script Editor Not Showing Default Handler

Post by dvermes » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:19 pm

On my classroom computer, whenever I open the script editor in LiveCode, it no longer puts in the default mouseUp handler. Instead, it shows a list of all handlers on the side of the window and nothing at all in the script part of the window. (It used to automatically put in on mouseUp ... end mouseUp, which is what it does on every other computer I use).

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling LiveCode, deleting all of the LiveCode preferences folder, deleting LiveCode registry keys, all to no avail. It's just this one computer that does it, regardless of what version of LiveCode I install. I tried logging into another user account on that computer and the same issue occurred, so I don't think it's connected to my user profile on that computer.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Are there some saved LiveCode settings that are corrupt somewhere in Windows that I missed?

It's sort of minor, but it is frustrating me because my script editor window works differently from that of my students, so it's a bit annoying when demonstrating something to the class. Help would be much appreciated!

We have Windows 10 64-bit and I am running LiveCode Community 8.1.9.

Klaus

Re: Script Editor Not Showing Default Handler

Post by Klaus » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi dvermes,

you cannot fix this, this is a new "feature" of Livecode!
It was introduced somehwere in an early version 8, but I still did not get used to it.

Try to live with it...

Best

Klaus

dvermes

Post by dvermes » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Really? But on my other computers, all of my LiveCode Community 8.1.9 installations still automatically put in the default handler when you open the script editor. It's just on this one computer that it doesn't do it...

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:04 pm

Just tested with LC 8.1.7 and 8.1.9 and 9 RC1, no default handler anymore anywhere.
At least on a Mac.

dvermes

Post by dvermes » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:12 pm

Thanks. That's interesting. It still works for me on LiveCode 8.1.7 Community Edition on Windows, 8.1.9 on a Mac, etc. But oh well, I guess this is the future way it will work. Thanks!

Return to “Windows”