Multiple Icon Images in buttons in Background Fill

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

trailboss

Multiple Icon Images in buttons in Background Fill

Post by trailboss » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:44 pm

1. Suddenly I have multiple images for the icon chosen in the background fill for a button.
2. When choosing a background fill color (or pattern) there seems to be no way to change it back to the default with no color or no fill.
Ah, now I see an Icon option that addresses the problem in # 1, but I still can't turn off the color.
Of course, I can do this:
On mouseup
set the backgroundColor of me to empty
end mouseup

Thanks,
Tom
Attachments
background fill button problem.jpg
background fill button problem.jpg

Klaus

Re: Multiple Icon Images in buttons in Background Fill

Post by Klaus » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Hi Tom,

maybe unchecking "opaque" in the inspector for the button(s) is what you are looking for?

Best

Klaus

trailboss

Post by trailboss » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:29 pm

No because it makes it transparent instead of the default button color. I just want to toggle a color on or off. Funny; I'm getting two kinds of object inspector views of buttons as in this graphic, and if I click on a graphic the card or stack inspector comes up. Maybe something's going wrong. I'm using my Indy license with 8.1.8 and 14052 build.

Or maybe I'm just having a bad day.
Attachments
button problem.jpg

bogs

Post by bogs » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:32 pm

*IF* I am reading your problem correctly, you should just be able to clear it from the property inspector by hitting the 'clear' button.

In your case, using 8.x, it would be reset on the right click.

trailboss

Post by trailboss » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:40 pm

Thanks. Your response helped. I don't have a CLEAR button, but I right-clicked the color there and got a reset to default option. I'm not psychic, so I didn't think to right click in that little square. Need a CLEAR button here I think.

bogs

Post by bogs » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:52 pm

Heh, sorry about the 2 different pictures, you posted as I was composing and I didn't find out you were using 8.x until that point.

To clear up any confusion, the top dialog is the property window from 6 - 7.x, the bottom is 8.x forward. I agree with you, I think the clear button is more intuitive. But then, I'm also moving backwards down the Lc ladder in versions, as I tend to prefer the older layouts and functionality.

trailboss

Post by trailboss » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:28 am

You know I think it is a good idea for everyone to remind people of the difference between those developmental dp programs and the stable ones. On my Mac there was an update feature in the dock and it happily asks if you want to upgrade. I didn't know those upgrades weren't the best versions to use.

BTW:
I just uncommented a note by mistake. The script wouldn't run but there was no error message telling me there was anything wrong. I looked and looked until I saw it. No X next to it.

This seems to be a bug. Is there a BUG REPORT AREA?

bogs

Post by bogs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:33 am

Well yes, yes there is :D
http://quality.livecode.com/

There is also a 'bug triage' section in the forum itself.

bogs

Post by bogs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:30 am

By the way, in case you didn't find it yet, in the preferences you can check what you'd like to be notified of as updates.
I agree development preview and beta releases should be set to 'opt-in', and not checked by default, which is why you were notified in the dock. It shouldn't be assumed that everyone getting Lc has been using it long enough to know the difference, or that they are experienced enough to even know what those releases mean.

Return to “Off-Topic”