Windows cursor glitch

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jmk_phd

Windows cursor glitch

Post by jmk_phd » Fri May 26, 2017 4:09 am

I apologize if I've failed to identify an already-existing reply to a similar question in the forum.

I'm a life-long Mac user developing a cross-platform app, despite being barely able to navigate Windows on a borrowed PC.

Here's the problem: Although the app works fine as a Mac standalone (using LC 8.xx), when one moves the cursor in the Windows standalone outside then back into the app window, the cursor changes from an arrow to a double-arrow.

Not being Windows-savvy, I have no idea what this double-arrow cursor is conventionally meant to represent. Clicking some buttons or fields typically reverts it back to the ordinary arrow cursor.

Curiously, I've not been able to reproduce this problem when running the standalone Windows version of a previous app that I created late last year (using LC 7.xx).

One possibility that comes to mind is that I've not yet prevented resizing the app window (although I do intend probably to do so, rather than tackling the intricacies of window geometry).

Any help will be appreciated.

jeff k

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Windows cursor glitch

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Fri May 26, 2017 9:54 am

Hi Jeff,

If you are using LiveCode 8.1.3 or 8.1.4 - X, then you are probably affected by this bug:

http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=19620

This will be fixed in LiveCode 8.1.5 RC-1.

Best,
Panos
--

jmk_phd

Re: Windows cursor glitch

Post by jmk_phd » Sat May 27, 2017 1:14 am

Thanks Panos for so quick a reply.

I am indeed currently using LC Indy 8.1.3 for macOS X. I'll update once 8.1.5 is designated stable.

It's always a relief to learn that a glitch is not of one's own doing.

Best,
jeff k

Return to “Windows”