install mergav

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

cusingerBUSCw5N

install mergav

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:44 am

I am installing the external mergav (I hope). I followed the instructions on http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/63 ... ne-builder and have three questions:

1) In the zip file, there is a bundle, and then a mergAv.lcext file. The instructions don't mention anything about what to do with the lcext file.
2) You are supposed to create files for each platform - but the example only shows mac ox X and Windows. I want to use this on mobile devices - but don't know what to name the folders.
3) the instructions talk about putting a bundle in the "Universal" folder because their example is a "universal binary file"... How would I know if mergav is a universal binary file?

... and while I'm looking at it, they add a dll to the Windows folders and a bundle to the Mac OS folder..

Bottom line - what folders and files do I need to have to install mergav?

Thanks

cusingerBUSCw5N

Re: install mergav

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:54 am

I found another post http://mergext.com/home/mergbgtask/ on installing a different external - and it just said to add the lcext files to the standalone application settings. I did that, and now my app won't install when I test it on an android. So I definitely have it wrong.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi cusingerBUSCw5N,

just to be sure:
Don't forget the the MergExt externals collection has been integrated into LC starting with version 8.0 (or 8.1? not sure)
So there is no need to install anything separately, just add them via the standalone builder settings!

Best

Klaus

Mikey
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mikey » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:49 pm

Klaus,
There is a pre-release patch to mergAV that fixes an ugly bug, so that would be one reason.

Anyway, cusinger,
If you're using anything before 8, go to file->Standalone application settings->copy files and point to the lcext file. That is an executable that is included with your app that does the work. If you're using 8 - or if you're NOT using a pre-release version of mergext, then you don't need to use that file (or even use the external package that you downloaded). You WILL have to manually select mergAV to be included in your app, though. On the first panel of Standalone Application Setings, in that top group of radio buttons, pick "Select inclusions for the standalone application". Then in the "Inclusions" pane, scroll down to mergAV and choose it. LC is not yet able to automatically select externals like mergAV to include with your standalone, so you have to do that.

dave.kilroy

Post by dave.kilroy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:05 pm

FYI - mergMicrophone (and maybe mergAV as well but I didn't test for that separately) doesn't work with LC 8.1.1 or LC 9.0.0 (dp1) - works fine on LC 8.1.0 - http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=18728
"...this is not the code you are looking for..."

dave.kilroy

Post by dave.kilroy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:11 pm

Just noticed you said you were trying mergAV on Android - mergAV is iOS and OS X. Monte does have a mergAndroid which includes mergMicrophone (I think) and some other bits but I think mergAndroid was a project that never really got finished by Monte...

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:16 pm

dave
there's a pre-release version that does work with 8.1.1. There's an info.plist issue that also needs to be addressed, but it's part of another bug report. Anyway, my latest update to one of my apps is out and is working with the info.plist hack and the pre-release mergav

dave.kilroy

Post by dave.kilroy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:32 pm

thanks Mikey - I'll wait for the release...

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:29 pm

Hi all,
Mikey wrote:There is a pre-release patch to mergAV that fixes an ugly bug, so that would be one reason.
ah, OK, that's true. 8)

Best

Klaus

dave.kilroy

Post by dave.kilroy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:51 pm

Hi all - and this is the link to the workaround http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=18683

Return to “Using Externals”