When will we have Apple Watch and Apple TV Dev Kits?

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

ekek

When will we have Apple Watch and Apple TV Dev Kits?

Post by ekek » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:11 am

Hi guys:

Several months since Apple released Apple Watch dev kit and weeks since Apple TV sdk is ready, and I still don't see any signal that Livecode is working on them.

Apple watch development is not only a very interesting opportunity but a must, and I am very worried to see months passing away without knowing when will we be able to develop for this devices. Every day that I use my Apple Watch I think in new ways in wich my apps could be applied on it, but wake up to the reality and realize that in that area I am only a user and not a developer.

I imagine that I am not the only one guy that have invested a lot of effort and money in the ecosystem of LC and I want to have chances to develop apps for the present and the future, and for me Apple Watch, Apple TV and wearables, are the present and the future.

Please work and invest in this key areas. Desktop, legacy systems and even HTML are the past, not the future.

Regards

JackD
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: When will we have Apple Watch and Apple TV Dev Kits?

Post by JackD » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:57 am

This is something I was wondering about also, especially for the TV. Heather or Kevin, is this going to get included in LiveCode in the foreseeable future?
27" iMac, OS X 10.13
iPad 3, iPad Pro, iPhone 4s, iPhone 6, LG Optimus L9 phone, Samsung Galaxy Camera
LiveCode 8.1.9

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:37 am

You two are not being serious in your demands are you ?... Don't you think that the people at liveCode are working flat out to bring new things to the table all the time ?.. the have reworked LC, nearly from top to bottom, have it running on several platforms, have lc server and a php equivalent in .lc scripts... just about to have stacks running in commercial web browsers again... You are spoilt with what you can acomplish with liveCode... and yet all you want to do is 'whinge' like a child who can't have a new toy... please !

But if you are in such a rush then have a look at 'swift'...:-)

JackD

Post by JackD » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:44 am

Mine was not a DEMAND, just a simple question about something that is important to me. I was wondering why the original post did not merit a reply from the LiveCode staff. Many of the features that Dixie mentions, although monumental for some, are irrelevant to me.
27" iMac, OS X 10.13
iPad 3, iPad Pro, iPhone 4s, iPhone 6, LG Optimus L9 phone, Samsung Galaxy Camera
LiveCode 8.1.9

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:50 am

ekek wrote:Hi guys:

Several months since Apple released Apple Watch dev kit and weeks since Apple TV sdk is ready, and I still don't see any signal that Livecode is working on them.
Please work and invest in this key areas. Desktop, legacy systems and even HTML are the past, not the future.
I'm curious about this. How would one, for example, type this forum post on a watch?
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Simon

Post by Simon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:52 am

Funny backward thing
LiveCode runs on Android watches, normally it's Apple then Android.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

ekek

Post by ekek » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:53 am

This industry (everybody should know it) is a very hard one, and gives to the first ones in a category the chance to become not only the winners but to be the owners of new industries. If you arrive in the 500th place then you have a very small chance to make it. That's why I think it is VERY IMPORTANT to think about TV OS, Apple Watch, 3D Touch, Force touch, and 3rd party integrations like TWILIO, PAYPAL, STRIPE, APPLE PAY, NUANCE, Machine learning, etc.

I wish you a merry christmas and a successful 2016

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:07 am

Remember LiveCode is cross-platform. There are other developments I would prioritise.

paul_gr

Post by paul_gr » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:04 am

SparkOut wrote:Remember LiveCode is cross-platform. There are other developments I would prioritise.
That's the problem. We all have different priorities.
Livecode can't keep all of us happy all of the time.

Paul

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:32 am

Yes, that's why I mentioned other priorities, just to air the idea that the wishes of the OP don't match everyone's.

Return to “iOS Deployment”