Stand Alone Takes long to startup

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

Darkon

Stand Alone Takes long to startup

Post by Darkon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi,

I made a very simple program that takes an input value and converts it to a decimal and displays that decimal number on the screen. So there are not a lot of fields. When I create the stand alone and double click on it, it takes about 10 - 15 seconds to start the program up. I searched the forums but could not find anything on this.

Thanks

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Stand Alone Takes long to startup

Post by dunbarx » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi.

I have an iMac 27, pretty fast. My current standalone app is pretty complex, though has no libraries to load nor any animation, web connections or database queries. It starts up from the finder full blown in about 1/2 second. Do you have stuff as I described that has to load at startup?

Craig Newman

magice

Post by magice » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:25 pm

Another possibility..Check your anti-Virus software. Some real time protection apps will run a scan on any unknown software before it will allow it to run.

Darkon

Post by Darkon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:02 pm

No the program has nothing to load in it other then some fields. I was playing around with it and seems to only do it on the initial start up if I close it and start it again it loads in about 1.2 a second. I tried disabling the anti virus still does it. I think it could be my machine its self. Wasn't sure if there was a setting that you had to check when creating the stand alone.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”