Virtual Keyboard...

Its all business and sales. Presenting products, and concepts?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

viro

Virtual Keyboard...

Post by viro » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:37 am

Hello folks,
I created a virtual keyboard for use on touchscreen machines (Windows 7, works fine).
I can't get it to type into another stack, even the global variable 'activeField' is set correctly. Someone points me into right direction?
My tries to attach this keyboard to another stack do not work out... Don't think of attaching as when you put it somewhere but just stick it to let's say the bottom of another stack.
If someone got ideas for improvement (design, funcionality, etc) then share your whisdom! :D
greetz v!ro
Attachments
virtuelleTastatur_130115.zip
virtualKeyboard
(3.82 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it

newtronsols

Re: Virtual Keyboard...

Post by newtronsols » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:49 pm

If you click Start, where windows 7 where it says search programs and files type keyb - you get an on-screen keyboard.
So for a few lines windows 7 app you could use http://livecode.com/developers/api/6.0. ... ion/shell/ with keyb.
You'd have to experiment a bit to get it to work. You may be able to activate options numeric keyboard/click/hover over keys etc.

And also use hideConsoleWindows.

similarly calc, notepad etc. There are some other interesting ones e.g. sys, time or date, etc

viro

Post by viro » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:29 am

Code: Select all

set the hideConsoleWindows to true
   get shell("osk.exe")
is all you need...but you are not able to position this keyboard where you want!
also it would require my kios app (obviously fullscreen) to stay in background and that means visitors could use the pc without knowledge/not doing things they are supposed to.
did you even try this keyboard?
simply add the group into a stack and set it as background!
it feels much more native with userinterface of your designed tool than native windows thingy
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it

newtronsols

Post by newtronsols » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:04 am

I am able to size and move osk. Clicking little blue keyboard in front of On-Screen Keyboard. OSK restricts the size it can be reduced to while it seemed able to expand - not sure what the limit is. It is also able to use print screen.

I am trying to think 'when' I would use a Virtual Keyboard (VK) - e.g.
- my keyboard is broken and I need to contact computer supplier. So I guess a quick link/function keys to useful functions like Twitter/Email might be useful.
- I am using a real keyboard set up incorrectly so it is showing other country characters.
- I live in another country, e.g. China, need a default US/UK English keyboard.

Personally I would think from a programming perspective something like a VK combined with a Char map - so you can switch character maps and then use your VK with that character set showing on the right keys. Just ideas though.

viro

Post by viro » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:21 pm

Of Course You Are Able to move and resize keyboard but on a touchscreen without key it's another thing...
Especially for visitors who just use the program. It is full screen application so no one is able to mess the os up.
I'll see if I can make my virtual keyboard stick to another stack and actually show and hide it when needed

viro

Post by viro » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:02 pm

Update on this:
-Better typing routine
-different sizes

still my way to go while using windows touch enabled devices...
Attachments
virtuelleTastatur_080116.zip
(5.12 KiB) Downloaded 456 times

Return to “Business and Kiosks”