In App Purchases

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

maxs
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

In App Purchases

Post by maxs » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:18 am

What is the difference between consumable, and non-consumable purchase?

How does content become available after a purchase?

Vanceone

Re: In App Purchases

Post by Vanceone » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:44 pm

I think the platforms treat it a bit differently. On apple, a consumable is something like the "bag of diamonds" which gives you, say, 20 diamonds that you then use somehow--two diamonds to upgrade your weapon or whatever.

A non consumable is like the difference between the "lite" version and if you buy the 1.99 upgrade, you get the full version. It never runs out.

maxs

Post by maxs » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:23 am

That helps.

OK I see I need to have my app already in the App store in order to apply for in-app purchases.

So do I resubmit my app with additional content or in-app codes to make it work?

I have content that is already in the app that would be made visible once the in-app purchase it made. Can this code be set up before I apply the app to the app store?

Vanceone

Post by Vanceone » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Maxs: I don't know if you've read the Livecode lessons that cover all of this, but RunRev put together what appears to be a fairly comprehensive set of tutorials on this subject. Here is a lesson for Apple. It covers much of the basics for all stores as well. And here is the instructions for Samsungs (not Google's) store. Google's instructions and also Amazon's store too. There is a very great deal in common between all four. I'm sure once Windows phone is added it will remain similar.

I think these lessons will answer most of your questions.

maxs

Post by maxs » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi ,usually I do prefer that people point me in the direction to get the answers I need, as you were kind enough to do. Thank you.

But in this case, the documentation sucks. And it dd not answer any of the questions I asked, or put it in a way that is hard to understand. For example, it talks about consumable and non consumable code early on in the doc, then near the bottom explains that it means that consumable code can be restored. (What does that mean, like a hair restorative?) Your previous answer make it very clear. Thank you.

Or perhaps I am just a poor reader, and need to reread 6 or 7 times, instead of the 4 times I tried it. But I still need answers to those questions. I'll try reading it again a few more times.

But thank you, sometimes Livecode docs are a bit skimpy for less knowledgable users. Max

Vanceone

Post by Vanceone » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Well, in answer to your specific questions: I would personally have the code for in app purchases set up before I tried to apply it. But I believe there is a sandbox to test your app and in app purchases before it goes live. So I believe the sequence is that you register your app with iTunes Connect, so that the store knows one is coming, so to speak, and then you register for in app purchases, and that gives you access to the sandbox to test your app first, before you release the code to the masses who are lined up to throw money at you.

I have never done it myself, (at least, not yet--planning to though!), but from what I recall of the iOS store process for objective-C and swift code, it's the same.

maxs

Post by maxs » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:32 am

Yes, thank you. This is exactly what I needed to know. This really lifts a cloud from my mind.

Thanks, Max

maxs

Post by maxs » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:50 am

My app was rejected because I tried to implement in-app purchases.

I set up a button with the code to make an in app purchase:

on mouseUp
mobileStoreEnablePurchaseUpdates
mobileStoreSetProductType "com.runrev.sampleapp.nonconsumable", "inapp"
mobileStoreMakePurchase "com.runrev.sampleapp.nonconsumable", "1", "This belongs to me"
end mouseUp

But the app tester got a message : "Cannot connect to itune store . "

I realize now that I forgot to change the middle to "com.UnderdogEducational.spellinggadget" But, Is this the wrong code to initiate an in app purchase?

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”