valid identity for selected profile iOS

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

raemay

valid identity for selected profile iOS

Post by raemay » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:02 pm

I am getting this error when trying to save as a standalone application within LiveCode 6.6.0:
"Could not find a valid identity to use for the selected profile"

I used Xcode 5.1.1 to generate my iOS provisioning profile information for development NOT distribution (could this be my problem?) including the cert., app id (which is * - this means I can call out my internal app id within the standalone application setting anything I want, right?), my iPhone is listed in the devises and my provisioning profile is iOS Team Provisioning Profile: *.

Here are my questions...

Could my problem be that I had Xcode generate my Provisioning Profile? Do I need to add these in manually on Apple's iPhone Developer Program Portal instead?
What should my internal app id within the standalone application settings be?
Do I need to set this up my profile for Distribution before I can save as a standalone application?

Any advise would be very much appreciated!!!

Thank you,

Rachel Mayson

Mikey
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: valid identity for selected profile iOS

Post by Mikey » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:46 pm

I'm having the same problem with a new app that I just created. My old ones seem to work fine.

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi Guys,

Let me look into this as we've had a few report of this happening now. I'll be back in touch asap.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
LiveCode Support Team ~ http://www.livecode.com

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:30 pm

Neil,

Just for the heck of it, I decided to try to build one of my other apps, that I've built numerous times. It is (suddenly) giving me a codesigning error. The end of the message (after the path to the build) is "User canceled the operation".

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi Guys,

Yeah, looks like we could have an issue here as just created a new certificate and profile from scratch and getting the "codesigning error". Just about to report to our QC guys who will be able to look into this further.

I'll keep everyone posted with the outcome of any investigations.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi All,

Had a look into this with one of our devs and the issue is being caused by a silent provisioning profile data change which Apple have made. We are working on a integrating a fix for the issue so please bear with us as we do this.

I will soon be posting a workaround which you will be able to use until this fix is integrated.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--

raemay

Post by raemay » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Excellent! I anxiously await for your results.
Thank you so very much!
Sincerely,
Rachel Mayson

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi everyone,

So as I've mentioned above, there have been some silent provisioning profile changes made by Apple and this breaks the signing of application in LiveCode. We are working on a fix but the following workaround should allow you to build until this is available-

1) Download the attached zip file

2) Extract the zip

3) Close any running copies of LiveCode

4) Within the zip are 3 folders, all relate the the latest versions of LiveCode. Open the folder that reflects the version of LiveCode that you are currently using

5) Copy the revstandalonesettings.rev file to the following directory- /Applications/*version of livecode*/Contents/Tools/Toolset overwriting the one that exists there already. (nb you can right click on the lc app bundle and click show package contents to navigate the apps file structure)

6) Re-Launch LiveCode and attempt to build your standalone again

The build process should now work as expected.

Keep us posted on how you get on and we will get a direct fix integrated asap.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--

Standalone Settings.zip
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 459 times

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Confirmed. This works for me. Thanks for fixing it so fast.

raemay

Post by raemay » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:36 pm

I did not get this error but got a different one (that I haven't researched yet).
It is:
"code signing failed with iPhone Developer: Rachel Mayson (XMC*******): ambiguous (matches "iPhone Developer: Rachel Mayson (XMC*******)" and "iPhone Developer: Rachel Mayson (XMC*******)" in /Users/otbs/library/keychains/login.keychain)

I'll look into this but if you have any suggestions, they'd be very welcome.

Thank you so much for the quick reply and fixes on this. You guys are awesome and it confirms why I went with Livecode to begin with.

-Rachel

raemay

Post by raemay » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:43 pm

I had a duplicate certificate, deleted it and now it works!!!

Thank you so much Neil! You are awesome.

-Rachel

Bo Landgren2

Post by Bo Landgren2 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:15 pm

I have now compiled a simple test app with the new work around settings and the compilation worked fine. BUT then I dragged the app to Xcode I got this error message : "The executable was signed with invalid entitlements. The entitlements specified in your application's Code Signing Entitlements file do not match those specified in your provisioning profile. (0xE8008016)."

I tried with one profile for developing with a "half-joker id" (se.inspiravision.*) and one with a "whole-joker id" (.*) but none of them worked.

What does the error message mean? Is it the work around that causes the error or me?

Bo Landgren
Inspiravision
Sweden

Bo Landgren2

Post by Bo Landgren2 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:45 am

As you know, I got the error message "The executable was signed with invalid entitlements" when I dragged the app to Xcode, but when I look inside the embedded provisioning profile and compared it with the params for my profile, app-ID and devices, I found nothing wrong. I have tried to delete all profiles in the library folder and installed them again, but it did not help.

BUT I read in a forum that the certificates Software Signing, Apple Code Signing Certification Authority and Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority must have keys connected to them and this certs have no keys now.

What is right about this certificates?

How are the Software Signing and Apple Code Signing Certification Authority created? Can I recreate them?

Bo Landgren
Inspiravision
Sweden

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:58 am

Hi Bo,

The executable was signed with invalid entitlements error generally means you have selected permissions within your iOS standalone application settings that are not present in your provisioning profile, or vice versa.

Please check the "requirements and restrictions" sections of your iOS standalone application settings and make sure none of these options are checked if they are not enabled in your provisioning profile.

If this does not resolve the issue, I would recommend deleting/revoking all of your certificates/profiles and recreating them . The following video lesson should assist with this (select development instead of distribution for both certificate and profile)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyn_K_G ... Oh0KyKjvMA

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--

Bo Landgren2

Post by Bo Landgren2 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:11 am

Thanks a lot Neil!

NOW IT WORKS! I must have done something stupid with my fingers - push notification was by total misstake checked in the app settings in LiveCode. It is really embarrassing!!

RunRev is really the most customer friendly company I know!!!

Best regards
Bo Landgren
Inspiravision
Sweden

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”