Building standalone (android)

Moderators: LCNeil, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, elanorb

newtronsols

Building standalone (android)

Post by newtronsols » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:17 pm

I was testing/building standalone for Android with Livecode 6.6 commercial on Windows 7 when it froze.

I normally stop the Livecode task - but I restarted my laptop. When Livecode returned it was as if it was the first time I'd used it. There was no recent file list and it started with the splash screen.

Initially this led me to believe that Windows 7 had rolled back to a previous restore point - assuming it was a Windows problem. Now when I use it I cannot test via via my phone; build standalone and it is freezing more frequently.
saveasstandalone.png
Is the best solution to remove Livecode and reload from scratch?

sefrojones
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Building standalone (android)

Post by sefrojones » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Hey newtronsols,

I had a lot of problems with random freezes, etc in the 6.6 version. Have you tried using a slightly earlier version? (I am using 6.5.2) at the moment.

--sefro

newtronsols

Post by newtronsols » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:34 am

I've tried going back to 6.5 but it behaves in the same way. I tend to build a bit, test a bit - re-build a bit, re-test a bit. Presently working blind/unable to test. Confusing reloading sdk's and different versions of Livecode trying to get it to work again. :cry:

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:56 pm

The freeze is a known issue with LiveCode 6.6 for Windows, and has been fixed for version 6.7 which is at DP 1 right now. You can either try that pre-release version, or revert back to LiveCode 6.5.2.

For the "application class" error:
  • Make sure you use LiveCode 6.5.2 or higher, previous versions won't work with the latest SDK.
  • Be sure you have updated all the Android packages to the most current versions.
  • Be sure the application identifier in standalone settings contains only alpha-numeric characters, and no punctuation other than the two dots between the sections.
  • Be sure the path to the Android SDK is correct in the mobile pane of the LiveCode preferences.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

newtronsols

Post by newtronsols » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:47 am

Thanks,
I have managed to fix back in 6.5.2 - resetting the preferences. Sometimes you need to have a break to resolve issues.
preferences.png

Return to “idea2app and Coding School”