Where is com.livecode.library.widgetutils?

LiveCode Builder is a language for extending LiveCode's capabilities, creating new object types as Widgets, and libraries that access lower-level APIs in OSes, applications, and DLLs.

Moderators: LCMark, LCfraser

SparkOut

Where is com.livecode.library.widgetutils?

Post by SparkOut » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:32 pm

I am just revisiting LCB and dissecting Bernd's "North" widget - and have a problem even compiling it. Testing with other samples produces the same error, namely the compile fails when it comes across the line:

Code: Select all

use com.livecode.library.widgetutils
(error: Unable to find imported module 'com.livecode.library.widgetutils')

I am using Windows (10) with LC (Indy) 9, dp-11 and my LCB extension manager does not include the widgetutils library.
Is this a component that should be included in the extension manager by default?
If not, where do I obtain it to install? Or else what am I doing wrong?

Edit: I can see in the Extensions folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\RunRev\Components\LiveCode Indy 9.0 (dp 11)\Extensions\com.livecode.library.widgetutils - but do I need to install or compile anything here? Surely it's supposed to be part of the automatic inclusions if I want to use LCB?

SparkOut

Re: Where is com.livecode.library.widgetutils?

Post by SparkOut » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Filed bug 20970 http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=20970

Toolchain\Modules\lci folder contains com.livecode.library.widgetutils.lci in DP-10 but not DP-11 so missing ability to compile. Reverting to DP-10 it works, using DP-11 it doesn't.

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by mwieder » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:08 pm

fwiw, I have no problems with com.livecode.library.widgetutils on linux in dp11, and the lci file is indeed present in /opt/livecode/livecodeindy-9.0.0-dp-11.x86_64/Toolchain/modules/lci. Might just be a windows thing then.

[-hh]

Post by [-hh] » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:29 am

SparkOut wrote:Surely it's supposed to be part of the automatic inclusions if I want to use LCB?
No. These are some simple helpers only. (I don't use them, made my own.)
For now you could just copy out the ones you need and paste them into your lcb, most probably these are color-to-string conversions.
shiftLock happens

Return to “LiveCode Builder”