License for developing widgets only

LiveCode Builder is a language for extending LiveCode's capabilities, creating new object types as Widgets, and libraries that access lower-level APIs in OSes, applications, and DLLs.

Moderators: LCMark, LCfraser

digitalsankhara

License for developing widgets only

Post by digitalsankhara » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:30 pm

Greetings,

Could someone please advise what the correct license for LiveCode would be in order to ONLY develop widgets for commercial sale? I'm reading around widgets development process (from 2015 source material) and I can see that LiveCode is used to build and test the widget. Would appreciate any info on what the right license might be.

Am I right in thinking there is no stand alone compiler/engine to produce widgets outside of the full blown LiveCode? Sorry, I know I'm throwing stuff out there without doing a huge amount of my own research but it would be nice to get a rough handle on this before I start anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

David.

Klaus

Re: License for developing widgets only

Post by Klaus » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi David,

1. welcome to the forum! :D

digitalsankhara wrote:Am I right in thinking there is no stand alone compiler/engine to produce widgets outside of the full blown LiveCode?
Yes, that is correct.

3. I think you will need an INDY or BUSINESS license!
For detailed info about licensing please contact the mothership: support@livecode.com

Best

Klaus

digitalsankhara

Re: License for developing widgets only

Post by digitalsankhara » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:30 am

Thank you Klaus for your input.

I might contact LiveCode directly I think as suggested. If it needs an indy+ license the cost of entry is too high from what I understand so far . Ideally a low cost testing version is all I think I might need. I may be wrong but I guess this would not need ability to build standalone in order to fully test widgets.

Time to ware thinking cap a bit more :-)

Thanks,

David.

Return to “LiveCode Builder”