Map Widgets

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

JereMiami

Map Widgets

Post by JereMiami » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:14 pm

For the map widget, the property inspector has an option for visibility. But if you set it to false, the app will crash when testing on an android device. It does not crash, so long as you don't mess around with the visibility or use a visual effect with it such as showing it with a visual effect.

I tried to cover it with an object and then dissolve the object with a visual effect, but the map (no matter the layer setting) always appears in front of the object (on android, but not on desktop).

Has anyone had any luck with smoothly transitioning to a card with a map widget so that the widget is not visible to the user until it is ready to go with the selected region? Visibility, visual effect, or otherwise?

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Map Widgets

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:16 am

Hello JereMiami

A few other users are affected by this bug. Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this bug.

See this report for a workaround: https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=21477

Also, which LC version are you using?

Kind regards,
Panos
--

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:28 pm

Panos, I know this is an unpopular question, but I have something on the horizon for which the map widget may be essential:

Any chance the browser component can become compatible with modern Ubuntu before year's end?
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

JereMiami

Post by JereMiami » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Thank you!

JereMiami

Post by JereMiami » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:03 pm

Indy 9.0.4