Android "Share" functionality

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

simon.schvartzman

Android "Share" functionality

Post by simon.schvartzman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:41 pm

May be my questions is pretty obvious (as I guess many are) but after spending some time on the forum I really need help.

I want an Android App to be able to perform the same functionality that mergPop delivers for iOS.

Reading the forum it seems there is (was?) a mergPopToast external that did it (part of mergAndroid). Further reading explains that mergAndroid is (was) only available for people who own mergExt...

Question: as an owner of a LC Indy license how can I do in order to use mergAndroid (or equivalent) ?

What am I not seeing?

Many thanks for any clarification...
Simon

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Android "Share" functionality

Post by jacque » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:53 pm

I got mergAmdroid when it was announced, mostly for the toast ability. When I tried it later in LC 8 it crashed LC. A lot has changed since it was first released so it seems the original version is no longer compatible. The toast feature was added to the engine recently so I'm using that now. I think you'll need to put in a feature request for the other things mergAmdroid used to do.

Android externals are apparently much harder to integrate than iOS ones and they are lagging far behind.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

simon.schvartzman

Re: Android "Share" functionality

Post by simon.schvartzman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:02 pm

Thanks Jacque, I will do as suggested and I've also sent an email so support@LC to check if there are some alternatives.

Best!
Simon

Return to “Talking LiveCode”