Notification icon on samsung phone

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

EddieLee

Notification icon on samsung phone

Post by EddieLee » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:07 am

Hi,

I have a working push notification connected to firebase cloud messenging. Everything was working fine on my OPPO as I am able to receive notification perfectly fine. However, after deploying to a Samsung note 9, I encounter issues like the notification icon becomes the livecode logo with the word livecode instead of my application's name and icon. The file for both phone is exactly the same, any one encounter this issue and solve it can give me any advice? Will really appreciate it (:
Eddie :D

sphere

Re: Notification icon on samsung phone

Post by sphere » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi EddieLee,

how did you deploy. Just via test or is it the same APK via Google's Playstore?
Maybe you've picked the wrong image?

Only thing i noticed is that multiple color is not used/allowed anymore, this will result in a white square as notification icon.
The icon needs to be white on black or transparent only.

EddieLee

Post by EddieLee » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi, both phone is via test and the image for both phone is the same but only the oppo phone receives the notification with the app icon image while the Samsung receive the notification with the livecode icon logo. The file used is in a. PNG format if I try to use a ICO format when I test, it will have an error message
Eddie :D

sphere

Post by sphere » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:15 pm

That's correct, i has to be png.
If it's the same stack, and you use the test button for both devices on your pc/mac
Then i have no clue what could be wrong

Return to “Talking LiveCode”