Cannot enter data in field

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Cannot enter data in field

Post by jacque » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:50 pm

Well, the behavior sounds like a field with traversalOn set to false, so I'd check those. If the fields are in a group, check the traversalOn of the group. And if that's not it, check the traversalOn of the stack itself. Somewhere in the object hierarchy, traversalOn seems to be set to false. I'm betting on the stack.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

mrcoollion

Re: Cannot enter data in field

Post by mrcoollion » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:38 am

I tried to

Code: Select all

set the travesalOn of this stack to true
as last statement in the open Stack section but no luck.

All TraversalOn statements i searched for in the stack are in the picture attached to this post. Cannot find any that could have impact on traversal settings of this stack
TraversalON.zip
(238.04 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
I also tried to 'set the travesalOn of this card to true' in the open card section of the card with my test field in it but no luck. problem still persists.
Then I specifically 'set the travesalOn of fld "MyTestField" to true' in the open card section of the card with my test field in it but no luck. problem still persists.

The only clue I have got is the fact that the new card does not have this problem....

Return to “Talking LiveCode”