Cannot purge v8 stacks?

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Cannot purge v8 stacks?

Post by dunbarx » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:39 pm

So if I have a splash stack with attached stack files, and I make a standalone, in v8 I always get a message saying that the ancillary stacks are already in memory, that LC doesn't like that and do I want to purge them.

I am sure we have all seen this.

If the destroyStack on the "attached" stack is set, and I am judicious about saving and closing that stack, then in in v.6 when I make a standalone I never get that dialog. In v.8.1.6 I always do.

Just annoying, but is there something I am not doing?

I think there should be a new pane in the forums, "Issues with version 8?"

I am serious. I know at least one other person who would agree...

Craig Newman

FourthWorld

Re: Cannot purge v8 stacks?

Post by FourthWorld » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:33 am

We have a forum section for bug triage. As versions come and go I think having a single place for such things will naturally move forward on its own.

As for the issue at hand, what are the names of the stacks the IDE is complaining about, and in which earlier version did the IDE not complain about those?
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

dunbarx

Post by dunbarx » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:31 am

The name of the stack is "ledWorker281". It owns four substacks.

The issue never reared its head in v. 6.7.9. It popped up only when I saved my work into v.8.1.6.and then 8.1.7. I reverted back to 8.1.6 because I had played there before, but it makes no difference. I have not tried going back even farther in v.8x.

Craig

bogs

Post by bogs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:40 am

dunbarx wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:31 am
I have not tried going back even farther in v.8x.
I (briefly) tested the 8 series since my posts in the 'oddities' thread as they stabilized. I don't know how much gets back ported to the older stable versions, but I do know that (at least on my machine) 8.1.6 was a major step forward compared to say, 8.1.3 or 4. 8.1.3 was nearly intolerable for me, even using tiny dictionary as the main reference (and counter to the main complaints I had with dictionary speed).

8.1.3 was also the version I saw those graphic glitches we discussed elsewhere the most. Ymmv though, and it probably doesn't hurt (much) to dl and try them :D

Return to “Talking LiveCode”