Hypercard on Archive.org

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

chuckm

Hypercard on Archive.org

Post by chuckm » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:07 am

I didn't know if anyone had posted this, but I saw an article about HyperCard on the archive from the archive.org site (https://archive.org/details/hypercardstacks).

bogs

Re: Hypercard on Archive.org

Post by bogs » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:46 am

Interesting page of stacks. Women, models, sex, women, women, women... How to fix your car? How did THAT get in there ??? :shock:

:mrgreen:

**Edit -
OH WOW~! Far FAR and away cooler to me is the site has a complete (?) hypercard vm running in a page when you click on one of the examples ! VERY nice for those that don't have an older mac, or don't want to pull it out of mothballs :twisted:

Oh MAN ! Just found out you can actually OPEN hypercard AND use it !!

Some oddities (at least from Linux), the bottom row of the keys on my keyboard appear to be offset 1 character, so to get n, for instance, you have to hit the "m" key instead. But still WAY cool , thank you so much for this link :wink:

bogs

Post by bogs » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:33 am

Actually, found out internet archive has a separate page with a machine running hypercard 2.4 in an emulator here. Oh this is too much fun :D

The perfect companion for the links provided by richmond62 in this thread about address book examples :D

bogs

Post by bogs » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:18 pm

After a wild Labor day weekend of exploration based on chuckm's post, I went on a little ride "Back to the Future" :D
I am sure just about everyone else was already aware of these, but the older mac emulators around aren't half bad. One of the easiest I found to set up (on linux, anyway) was "SheepShaver".
And low and behold, HC 2.4 in all its glory :P
Now I can stop digging my poor old mac plus out of the closet to play around :twisted:

Return to “Talking LiveCode”