No script display

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: heatherlaine, Klaus, FourthWorld, robinmiller, kevinmiller

ameguira@gmail.com

No script display

Post by ameguira@gmail.com » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:31 am

Hi to all LC users

I wonder If one of you has already faced my problem:
I am using LC9 dp4 and sometimes, I have no response when I try to display a script (card or stack) ?
Very strange !

Thank you for your response
Albert Meguira

LiveCode_Panos

Re: No script display

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:57 am

Hi Albert,

Do you mean that when you right click on the object and select "Edit Script", then nothing happens?

If yes, this could happen for a number of reasons:

1. The object has its "cantSelect" property set to true, so you cannot right click on them
OR
2. The stack is a palette (so if you are on edit mode and you right click, it acts as if you were on Run mode)
OR
3. The Script Editor does open, but for some reason it appears offscreen. If this is the case, you can type in the msg box:

Code: Select all

set the location of stack "revNewScriptEditor 1" to the screenloc
Best,
Panos
--

SparkOut

Re: No script display

Post by SparkOut » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:50 pm

On Windows 10 with LC V9 dp 6 I often get the script window freezing and no typing appears even though I can sometimes click a different line and the insertion point cursor will show in the new location. Jacque had the hint of switching to another application and back to lc. That seems to get it going again until next time. (My solution until learning that from jacque was having to close and reopen lc.)
I have had the script window close itself when pasting or selecting text and once or twice a hang without opening, but that seemed to be tied with the updater process being open. See if you can kill off the livecode updater and whether that lets the script window start. It is much more frequent that the updater holds up livecode from starting (to display - the process shows up in task list) at all, than just the script editor though .

Return to “Talking LiveCode”